About the Role
As the Group Coordinator for Camp Buckner, you shine hope in the lives of our guests by providing administrative support, general clerical duties, scheduling, and coordinating groups for camp. In this role, you will also work closely with the Marketing Coordinator to initiate planning documents as we prepare and plan for our guests.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors in a professional manner and respond to requests for information from groups coordinators, visitors, and team members.
- Maintain excellence in customer service including cheerfully greeting Camp Buckner guests and visitors.
- Provide administrative support to the Retreat Director by maintain filing system; research and analyzing data to produce reports; managing databases, answering phones and initiate follow-up as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments; package and mail documents and other materials; review and process incoming mail; compile reports for submission according to established timelines; make copies; prepare letters and other correspondence; proofread documents; plan events; and coordinate groups
- Accurately gather prospect data and complete profiles in planning document and banquet event orders.
- Maintain complete and accurate contact management database records and identify and correct errors in data.
- Monitor inventory of brochures and other collateral materials and marketing give away materials such as pens, pads, mugs, and work with designated staff to order replacements to keep inventory at established par levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely calendar of scheduled events.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with planning, development, and implementation of marketing events within the community and abroad in the surrounding area.
- Assist the team with tours, planning documents, and other activities as needed.
- Attend administrative meetings and communicate timely and effectively with all departments regarding to changes in the groups planning documents.
- Coordinate communication with internal and external constituents including telephone calls, faxes, electronic mail, and written correspondence.
- Accurately prepare and proofread memos, letters, spreadsheets and other documents and correspondence as required.
- Answers phones, takes messages, and responds to requests appropriately and timely.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team while developing and maintaining strong working relationships with team members.
- Attend and participate in trainings and staff meetings and facilitate trainings and staff meetings as required.
- Supporting and representing Buckner at special events, activities, and other assigned functions.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Prior secretarial or business experience
- Recent computer training or computer experience, including word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Proficient in the use of office systems and equipment, such as copy machines, fax machines, Microsoft Office Suite and similar programs
- Ability to speak, read, and write English professionally
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, and work with frequent interruptions while being flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and read data figures, correspondence, and emails
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, and otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups or muscles and foot and/or eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy; must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time
- A commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Experience in public relations, telephone communications, preparation of business correspondence, and community contact preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.