About the Role
As a housekeeper at Camp Buckner, you make an impact our guests' experience by providing quality support services. Through your work, guests receive the best housing possible during their stay at Camp Buckner.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our guests through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Thoroughly clean cabins, lodge rooms, administration building, meeting rooms, and other areas as directed.
- Assist in the cleaning, set up, and take down of furniture and equipment around camp.
- Provide support for retreat and conferences.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation and attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Identify unsafe situations or areas and immediately reports matter to supervisor.
- Promptly respond to requests for information, provide accurate information, immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Preform all tasks requested by the supervisor which would include by not limited to cleaning, climbing ladders, carrying laundry bins, moving beds, assisting other departments, setting up meeting rooms.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Detect, correct, or reports situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to children or others.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to understand, follow, and communicate in English, and follow written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires basic knowledge of housekeeping.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Ability to continually exercise and exhibit excellent organizational skills and take actions to preform work independently.
- Ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, stand, walk over 75% of shift.
- Ability to use depth perception and field of vision (peripheral), and ability to distinguish small details when preforming your duties.
- Ability to use foot and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s), with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable. Requires ability to be covered under Buckner fleet insurance policy for drivers.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.