About the Role
As a Gift Processing Specialist you will be responsible for all aspects of gift processing to ensure the accurate and timely recording of donor gifts in Buckner’s constituent relationship management (CRM) system, ongoing maintenance of constituent data and issuing appropriate receipts and acknowledgement letters for gifts received.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform complex constituent data entry with acute attention to detail.
- Timely and accurately retrieve, open and log all donations received by mail each day and forward to donation lockbox for processing.
- Maintain compliance with defined Buckner procedures to ensure security of checks, cash and credit card information.
- Timely and accurately retrieve donation batches from lockbox processing folder for processing.
- Batch checks according to appropriate Buckner company and enter gifts into CRM, currently Raiser’s Edge.
- Scan images of gift correspondence data when needed using PaperSave.
- Import electronic gift data from online donation platform (Luminate Online) to constituent CRM (Raiser’s Edge), using Import-O-Matic software plugin.
- Enter all gift batches on the gift processing TimeTable and update status daily.
- Review and update existing individual and organization records as part of gift processing. Create new individual and organization records when appropriate.
- Enter contributions into Buckner’s CRM database of record (currently Raiser’s Edge), from all sources: online, cash, checks, and automatic transfers.
- Communicate gift processing batch data to Financial Services daily.
- Process returned mail or updates received through electronic or phone notification. This includes, but is not limited to: updating name, address, phone numbers, mailing status, regions, email subscriptions or other coding as needed to support the output needs of the donor information system.
- Create and/or update constituent records as needed in support of event registration and participation.
- Provide accurate data for daily mail merge file and create donor acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- Work with donors and gift officers to maintain accurate payments, pledges, and constituent data within Buckner’s CRM database, (currently Raiser’s Edge).
- Answer phone calls, take and relay messages, and respond to inquiry calls as appropriate.
- Review and accurately process mail, faxes, emails, and other correspondence in a timely manner. Sort, open, and distribute incoming mail and packages to appropriate staff/collaborator; send outgoing mail/correspondence.
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellent customer service, including, but not limited to, cheerfully greeting donors, coworkers, and others and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and use appropriate discernment when handling confidential data.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) plus work experience in gift processing, accounting, or other related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years prior related experience in accounting and /or gift processing.
- Understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy.
- Word processing, constituent database, and spreadsheet experience required. Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, typewriters, and calculators.
- Accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping.
- Proficient skills for attention to detail and ability to maintain a routine.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision exercising excellent professional judgment.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Recent computer training or computer experience.
- Prior related experience with fundraising and accounting systems and software.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.