About the Role
As a Technical Data Analyst, you will work with the team to provide data related support, data investigation, research, data management and data reporting. You will be responsible for production of reports used for domestic and international operations and maintaining data integrity. You will gather data from across the business, analyze it, and translate the results into non-technical language for team members of all backgrounds. You make the work possible by building data models to organize important data for different teams across the business; monitoring the data for cleansing and updating as needed.
This position has the flexibility of a remote work option, preferably in the Dallas area. Other remote work locations in Texas may also be considered.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Process and maintain importing of data from a variety of sources. This includes but is not limited to reviewing and adjusting files before importing, setting up new import profiles, running import and global adds or adjustment to records once imported.
- Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets.
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues.
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners.
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data systems, balancing requirements, and resources to solve business problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed.
- Work closely with information services and operations to document business processes.
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes utilizing Python, R, or C#.
- Help form data management and governance processes within the team.
- Work with a variety of data sources - extracting knowledge and actionable information from massive datasets.
- Build and flesh out data models in our database for use in regular and/or automated reporting and analysis.
- Be a passionate problem solver - breaking down problems and developing analytical insights.
- Convey your work and results to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate operations for inefficiencies and identify areas where you can create, automate, and develop tools (SQL-based or otherwise).
- Diagnose data-related bugs and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the business with ad hoc reporting.
- Continuously strive for a deeper understanding of our business drivers.
- Manage and complete time-sensitive custom research requests.
- Manage tasks and projects assigned by the Senior Director and other team members as directed; independently research, analyze data and produce reports as required.
- Using project management methodologies, integrate data and information and serve as liaison between departments as appropriate. Consult on, support and require compliance, or take control and directly manage projects as assigned.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Motivate project team members and vendors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Maintain working knowledge of online tools integrated with operations software and maintain identified coding to support the use of online tools.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Minimum 2 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience.
- Experience writing TSQL, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Experience with SQL Server and Excel.
- Application knowledge in Office 365.
- Proficient working knowledge of data management, queries, exports, imports and reporting. Experience developing and implementing processes, standards and procedures related to data management.
- Proficient understanding of project management, process design and procedures development and continuous improvement. Proficient ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables.
- Strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, math, computer science, or other technical related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years work experience supporting business operations in an analytics capacity.
- Experience with BI tools such as Metabase, BOARD, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or Snowflake.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Remote Work Option (must reside in Texas)
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.