About the Role
As the Director of the Family Hope Center at Bachman Lake in Dallas, you will shine hope in the lives of children and families through your oversight, direction, development, and management of team members by providing programmatic services that align with our Family Hope Center model. You will work in collaboration with other entities to develop, implement and integrate our program offerings to families in need.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure our program and services align with the Family Strengthening Framework and core programs. This includes serving as an effective leader to ensure team members understand the Family Strengthening framework and programs.
- Implement and evaluate the programs and services for effectiveness and recommend program design adjustments, recommend policy and procedures for programing and communicate goals and guidelines to team members, volunteers and contracted professionals.
- Observe and address issues concerning the health and development of children in alignment with regulations and industry standards and identify and implement strategies that improve our delivery of services to families.
- Assist in long range planning for program initiatives to find creative and innovative ways to meet the needs of our program participants and families in the community.
- Provide leadership, support, promotion and direction to Family Hope Center ministries by evaluating data from community needs assessments and implementing plans using available resources, leadership and volunteers.
- Provide assistance in coordinating the overall strategy for the Family Hope Center related to the surrounding area and building relationships with churches, individuals and organizations who can serve as collaborative partners for our ministry.
- Overseeing talent management practices to include the sourcing, hiring, supervising, monitoring, evaluating, and providing direction to team members; providing professional growth and development opportunities; developing and communicating goals and objectives, and supporting supervisors with employee review, selection, evaluation, and terminations.
- Supervising volunteers and contracted professionals and providing support in recruitment, screening, training and matching of volunteers.
- Audit charts and records to evaluate against standards and regulatory guidelines adjusting as necessary, and review incident reports following up as necessary.
- Develop and manage the budget effectively through continuous monitoring of the budget and other program resources.
- In conjunction with your leadership team, guide managers in HR practices according to established policies and procedures through ongoing education, systems review, identifying incorrect practices, and correcting deviations.
- Overseeing and managing the facility, including oversight of repairs and routine maintenance.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as social services, Psychology, Leadership, Missions, or Community Ministry
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and program development of community-based services
- Proficient working knowledge and understanding of applicable regulatory standards and requirements governing our programs
- Ability to effectively interact and conduct strategic ministry business within the community, to cultivate and promote strategic ministry opportunities with constituencies
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and speak in front of groups
- Ability to demonstrate cultural understanding and develop positive and trusting intercultural and interdenominational relationships based upon previous cross-cultural experience
- Ability to effectively manage and lead Buckner team members and volunteers; provide strategical and logistical planning; and facilitate meetings, conferences and workshops
- Proficient working knowledge of office technology, including Microsoft Office suite and other technological platforms
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance and must be 21 years of age in order to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, exercise sound judgement and confidentiality; and
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds continuously
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a field relevant to developing and managing social services programs, such as Missions, Social Services, Leadership, and/or Community Ministries
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
- Prior experience in an organization with collaborative, cross-functional, and matrix management communication models
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.