About the Role
Responsible for food preparation (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) and serving to clients. Responsible for assisting dietary and kitchen staff with supporting functions such as setting tables, preparing trays, preparing serving lines, washing dishes, cleaning, etc. Also, assists residents during meal times.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Maintain meal count and documentation records.
- Cook breakfast, lunch and/or dinner meals that are nourishing, palatable, and appetizing in appearance; must use standard recipes.
- Review menus and select appropriate ingredients in order to prepare for cooking meals.
- Maintain food inventories and completes requisition forms.
- Plan cooking schedules for readiness at meal times.
- Conduct temperature checks of cooked food.
- Serve food according to portion-control guidelines and program needs.
- Prepare food for special diets.
- Receive and store groceries, canned food, frozen food, and produce; date perishable items.
- Move foods and ingredients to/from storeroom and kitchens.
- Clean refrigerators and freezers; wash pots; clean walls, vent and ceiling.
- Mop, sweep, and clean work area.
- Direct resident helpers and dietary aides as needed.
- Set tables; bus tables, wash off tables after meals.
- Responsible for preparing beverages and food as required.
- Serve food in dining rooms or other areas as required.
- Serve beverages to residents as required.
- Blend food in electric blender; prepare steam table.
- Prepare hot cart and serve food; clean and sanitize carts.
- Wash dishes; scrape and rack dishes; sort, stack, store clean dishes.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training, including First Aid training, as required.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Detect, correct and/or report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to children or others.
- Perform other assignments and duties as requested.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred; minimum of one year related experience preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English. Requires ability to read and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral instructions given in English.
- Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Turns, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches, pushes, pulls, handles, stands, walks over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to recognize difference in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to work under moderate supervision performing routine standardized tasks.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to safely utilize kitchen equipment and recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operation problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for children in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Requires knowledge of food preparation, ingredients, recipes, and equipment used for dining facilities.
- Requires knowledge of basic food serving, cleanliness and sanitation requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a dietary aide.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents by inspiring happiness.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants- with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.