About the Role
The Courtesy Services Associate position responsibilities include monitoring all areas of the Retirement Community in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for the members visitors and associates. This position will be responsible for monitoring parking and pedestrian and vehicular traffic in accordance with the Community policy.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Inspect all areas of the community for safety and fire hazards. Document findings and notify the Director of Maintenance and appropriate department. Patrol secured areas to ensure all doors are appropriately locked/unlocked.
- Respond to all fire alarms. Contain fire until fire department arrives and assist department with moving patients or controlling crowds. Perform monthly fire drills on evening shifts.
- Respond to all emergency situations in order to resolve any incident which could potentially harm personnel, residents and visitors. Call for outside assistance as needed.
- Monitor parking practices of employees and visitors to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Escort visitors, members and personnel safely to vehicles as requested.
- Provide assistance to individuals having vehicular problems (e.g. frozen door locks, dead batteries, flat tires, etc.) as needed.
- Monitor and promote compliance with facility policies such as solicitation, smoking and visiting hours.
- Timely and accurately document all incidents and emergencies in departmental log.
- Detect, correct and/or report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Maintain compliance with all Calder Woods/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, committee meetings and training as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) preferred. Minimum of one year prior related experience in safety or security preferred.
- Requires ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to comprehend and fulfill requirements related to safety regulations, security procedures, and facility policies and procedures acquired through on-the-job training.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively resolve hostile situations.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Employees required to drive on behalf of the Company must be at least 21 years of age.
- Requires ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, handle, stand, walk over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to work under moderate to minimal supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Security Officer training is preferred but not required.
- Two or more years experience working in Security.
- Recent experience working for a Retirement Community.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.