About the Role
As the Executive Director for Ventana you will be responsible for providing inspiring leadership and supervision to the senior living community and programs, including, but not limited to, compliance with related contract and regulatory standards, and alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision and values. You will coordinate and oversee the overall strategy, budget development and performance of the community. This position is also responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating comprehensive programs to meet business operational goals and further the mission of Buckner. In addition, this position will ensure the delivery of effective, safe, and appropriate quality care to clients in accordance with Federal, State and local laws, regulations and guidelines as well as Buckner’s mission, policies, and procedures. You will set the tone for the community’s vibrant, engaging lifestyle and help both residents and staff members experience “life opened wide” through a fun, dynamic approach to everyday living.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures that support the provision of quality care for residents; assure policies and procedures are in compliance with legal and regulatory bodies and with established Buckner policies and procedures.
- Plan for and participate in meetings; make presentations regarding the performance of the organization; and assist Senior Vice President and Vice President of Operations as needed.
- Responsible for all community business operations; control and utilization of the physical and financial resources including capital assets; effective management of community budget; monitor community income and expenses and make appropriate adjustments as necessary; promote services and programs that are cost effective and attain established quality goals.
- Ensure attainment of community goals through effective utilization of human and financial resources; maintain community in compliance with all Human Resources policies and procedures, legal and regulatory requirements, and established Buckner policies and procedures.
- Participate in annual budget process. Manage budget effectively and approve expenditures. Manage program resources to ensure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate business records including all financial transactions, collection of accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Assist, guide, and support team leaders with employee selection, review, evaluation and termination; approve all hiring and termination decisions; conduct regular staff meetings.
- Assist management in strategic planning and direction for community business operations; evaluate results, identify opportunities; initiate improvement, and measure performance against objectives.
- Review and effectively react to reports from authorized inspecting agencies; report all contact with regulatory bodies or inspecting agencies to the Vice President.
- Advise Vice President of any potential problems that may have an adverse impact on the community or corporation. Prepare responses to regulatory body claims and attend hearings.
- Responsible for overall community operations to ensure operations are effective and efficient including timely and effective resolution of all issues and problems; ensure effective organization through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties; provide current organizational chart to Vice President; establish and maintain formal systems of accountability through effective organizational structure.
- Ensure all business and client records are maintained in compliance with all corporation policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and regulatory requirements. Maintain confidentiality of all business-related information and data and control release of confidential information and data from release to all unauthorized persons or entities.
- Timely respond to family and member concerns or complaints; communicate results; investigate reported incidents and complete incident reports immediately.
- Oversee the interviews for admission inquiries.
- Perform facility inspections regularly and immediately implement actions to resolve safety, compliance, or client concerns.
- Make daily rounds; observe meal services; visit with elders; communicate feedback to staff.
- Assess risks and opportunities for new community programs and assist to identify improvement options for current programs.
- Monitor trends and changes in practices and legislation on state and federal level for retirement industry and communicate such to Vice President.
- Review and evaluate census reports and development programs, overtime reports and monthly financial statements to evaluate status of business operations, direct correction as needed and as appropriate.
- Supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Review overtime reports and monthly financial statements to evaluate status of business operations, direct correction as needed and as appropriate.
- Develop, train, and lead staff in an environment of customer service.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the full continuum of care for senior adults.
- Minimum 8 years successful experience in long term care management and 5 years proven business management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with emphasis on long term care. Current license as an Administrator from the Texas Department of Licensure of Nursing Home Administrators preferred.
- Requires knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the agency and employees.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient’s rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires excellent public speaking skills and ability to communicate verbally with members, families, visitors, and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Current license as an Administrator from the Texas Department of Licensure of Nursing Home Administrators.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.