About the Role
As the Missions Coordinator for the Rio Grande Valley, you will shine hope in the lives of children and families by planning, recruiting, and coordinating mission trip and volunteer experiences that support Buckner strategic goals. In this role, you will also coordinate a comprehensive volunteer program to recruit, coordinate, supervise, train, and engage individual and group volunteers as they support Buckner International and Rio Grande Valley programs.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our program participants through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Planning, developing, and coordinating mission trip experiences. This includes preparing and submitting application forms and materials for website postings; communicating trip details with the contact person for each team; conducting mission trip orientations; and creating necessary budgets.
- Organizing, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive volunteer program for the Rio Grande Valley region to include recruitment, screening, training, and supervision of volunteers.
- Developing and implementing effective volunteer strategy plans for the Rio Grande Valley regional ministries.
- Serving as a liaison between staff and volunteers to ensure the use of volunteers meets the strategic needs of programs while providing a quality experience for volunteers.
- Working with program team members to identify how volunteers can be engaged to fulfill program needs.
- Overseeing the missions/volunteer management system as applicable and providing appropriate oversight of the enrollment and registration of all trip participants and volunteers.
- Working closely with the Volunteer Engagement Department and the Director to maintain standards and consistency.
- Actively participating in strategic planning sessions by bringing relevant ideas and solutions improve engagement of mission teams and volunteers.
- Assisting in preparing for orientation meetings, training events, and other meetings or events as requested.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Working nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Interacting with outside consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships that enhance the delivery of services to clients and families.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D and a minimum of 3 years prior related work experience
- Ability to speak, read, and write both English and Spanish fluently and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficiency required software solutions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project Management, Volunteer Management and CRM systems
- Ability to work under moderate supervision, exercising patience, initiative and good judgment
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues; ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, workshops, and training
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with energy and excellent organizational and time management skills; work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of a large group of people and must possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations, and respond effectively in a crisis situation
- Requires ability to work under moderate supervision, exercising patience, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance, and must be 21 years of age to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, travel to various geographic locations with some overnight stays, and be on call as needed.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time, and ability to squat, climb stairs, kneel and twist; ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate objects.
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Work, or a related field
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.