About the Role
At Buckner Retirement Services we inspire happiness in the lives of the senior adults we serve. As a Human Resources Director, you will impact the lives of residents and our associates through overseeing and executing the human resources strategies and programs for the Calder Woods community including talent acquisition, time and labor management, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, and talent development. Serve as a business partner for the Calder Woods leadership team by providing guidance to department managers and directors related to HR management and serve as a resource to all staff. You will be responsible for driving human resource excellence an ensuring that human resource strategies deliver the required results that are aligned with Buckner's mission, vision, and values.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Calder Woods leadership and Support Center HR to plan, develop, and implement approved human resources strategies to include recruitment and selection, policies and procedures, employee relations, investigations, training and development.
- Consult with the Executive Director and Support Center HR to support management of employee relations issues and concerns within the Parkway Place community.
- Provide leadership and oversight of overall Calder Woods recruiting processes to effectively recruit and hire top talent, including partnering with directors/managers to identify and understand position specifications and hiring needs, draft and/or update position descriptions in collaboration with Support Center HR, as well as ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership in management of HRIS for hires, terminations, transfers, compensation changes, talent management, and analytics. Prepare and distribute associate and employment data analysis reports as requested.
- Provide leadership and oversight of internal investigations in coordination with Support Center HR. Review prepared documents related to each investigation for review by management. Review prepared determination documents for review by management. Assist Support Center HR to prepare for and respond to claims from regulatory entities.
- Participate in annual budget process. Develop and manage department budget effectively. Manage program resources to ensure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Provide leadership and oversight of implementation and enforcement of BRS policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the community.
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Development and Support Center HR to create training programs for employees and managers and ensure employees are timely completing compliance training. Facilitate training as required. Ensure training is recorded in the HRIS record timely.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure that all employees consistently follow established occupational injury program requirements and learn of company safety regulations including fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, and other safety programs and protocols. Ensure that all employees attend appropriate safety and organizational training in accordance with licensing and corporation requirements, and as needed.
- Assist managers in the use of the talent management system to include how to set job specific goals that are aligned with business objectives, and to measure attainment. Provide training to managers on how to lead coaching and redirection meetings and proper delivery of constructive feedback using company approved tools and systems.
- Assist managers to prepare performance improvement plans as needed including collecting appropriate documentation and drafting the performance plans and other performance related documentation.
- Make written and oral reports to management regarding employee related matters specific to each facility. Keep management apprised of identified issues and bring forward appropriate recommendations for solutions.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives. Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Support Center HR, and Senior Management to guide department managers and directors in HR practices according to established policies and procedures through ongoing education, systems review, identifying incorrect HR administration practices, correction of deficient practices, and informing the Executive Director or senior leader of serious deficiencies.
- Lead and oversee the Calder Woods employee recognition program in coordination with community leadership.
- Oversee new hire onboarding program for the community in coordination with Support Center HR and Talent Development. Prepare new hire packets. Ensure all new hires receive a thorough orientation to include learning about Buckner’s history, policies, procedures and protocols specific to their work location and department, and Buckner's mission, vision and values.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, human resources, or other related field.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of human resources programs, processes and practices acquired through a minimum of 5 years prior related experience providing strategic human resources support in senior living or healthcare at the Director level.
- Ability to be forward thinking and exhibit the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Prior experience using HRIS and talent management software systems (examples includes ADP and Saba).
- Knowledge of the regulations and guidelines pertaining to human resources in the senior living environment with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to he most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to serve as a member of the Calder Woods senior leadership team and act as a resource and business partner to guide directors and managers on all HR related matters.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately engage with associates at all levels, building relationships and establishing trust.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discernment as to when to engage leaders at various levels in addressing employee related matters.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams, including the Buckner HR Network, to engage and share ideas and information.
- Creativity to work with community leadership to find meaningful ways to reward and recognize our associates.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business Management or HR related field
- The proficient ability to speak, read, and write Spanish
- Prior experience using ADP Vantage
- Prior experience using a Learning Management System
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.