About the Role
As the Family Pathways Program Director, you will impact the lives of our program participants by providing support, case management and referral services for the single parents and their children living at the Family Pathways campus. You will continue to shine hope in their lives by developing and managing professional resources to provide therapeutic and programmatic services for families while ensuring all applicable federal state, and local standards and guidelines are met.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our program participants through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide supportive services and educational programs to assist program participants in attaining their goal of self-sufficiency. This includes implementing a needs assessment, developing goals, implementing a self-sufficiency contract, and monitoring their progress in the program.
- Recruit and interview applicants to determine eligibility for admission into our Family Pathways program.
- Serve as an advocate for program participants and provide development, training, and educational sessions in support of self-sufficiency.
- Provide ongoing case management and information and referral services to families participating in the program. Maintain regular contact with families through frequent communication, home visits, office visits, email correspondence and telephone calls.
- Collect rent within the specified deadline in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepare a monthly summaries for evaluation and measurement of discharges, new tenants, single parent families and children.
- Promote the Family Pathways program to the community and work with referral services to increase awareness of our programs. This includes serving as a liaison to colleges and working with schools.
- Represent our Family Pathways program at community meetings and with collaborative partners and potential donors. Effectively develop and maintain relationships with donors, churches, schools, and other agencies in support of our program.
- Monitor the cleanliness of the environment and condition of the campus apartments and furnishings identifying and resolving problem areas; completing routine inspections; and coordinating services to resolve any potential safety hazards and maintenance concerns.
- Develop and manage the budget effectively while managing program resources to ensure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Oversee talent management practices, including supervising, monitoring, evaluating, and providing direction to team members. This includes providing professional growth and development; developing and communicating goals and objectives; monitoring and providing constructive feedback; and conducting annual performance evaluations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and protocols, and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development. Work successfully as a part of a team, while developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Support and represent Buckner at special events, activities, and other assigned functions. Interact with outside consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to clients and families.
- Work a flexible schedule to provide services to program participants including evenings and weekends as needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human service field required with a minimum of 3 years prior related experience.
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population base in the community; ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-volume, multi-faced, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulatory standards and requirements governing programs and services;
- Ability to effectively manage team members through staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation;
- Proficient working knowledge of budgetary management and development of policies and procedures;
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required;
- Ability to perform tasks with little supervision, attentiveness to detail and good organizational skills;
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations and some overnight stays;
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance and must be 21 years of age in order to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy;
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master’s degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.