About the Role
As the Executive Director for Buckner Children and Family Services, you will impact the lives of children and families through the coordination and oversight of our preservation programs in the greater Houston area. Under your leadership, you will coordinate and oversee the overall strategy, budget development, and performance of our Family Hope Centers and Family Pathways programs.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our program participants through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Management and oversight of the Houston preservation programs, campuses, community-based programs, church collaborations, and other assigned programs in alignment with Buckner’s strategic plan and in accordance with regulatory and license requirements.
- Oversight of campus business operations to ensure effectiveness, including: control and utilization of physical and financial resources, monitoring income and expenses to make appropriate adjustments as necessary, and promoting cost effective services and programs that attain established quality goals.
- Assisting the leadership team in strategic planning for business operations by evaluating results, identifying opportunities, initiating improvement strategies, and measuring performance against objectives.
- Actively representing Buckner to local community constituencies, donors, churches, professional organizations, and governmental agencies. Cultivating and monitoring relationships with outside service providers, consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships that enhance the delivery of Buckner services to our program participants.
- Supporting and engaging the Volunteer Engagement, Humanitarian Aid, and Missions departments to ensure Buckner success.
- Developing and monitoring policies and procedures that support the provision of Buckner’s standards of quality care for program participants ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies and Buckner’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring attainment of program goals through effective utilization of talent capital and financial resources.
- Collaborating with and advising the Senior Executive Director of any issues which may have an adverse impact on Buckner campuses or programs.
- Overseeing talent management practices, to include the sourcing, hiring, supervising, monitoring, evaluating, and providing direction to team members; providing professional growth and development opportunities; developing and communicating goals and objectives, and supporting supervisors with employee review, selection, evaluation, and terminations.
- Managing the budget effectively, including monitoring the budget, participating in the annual budget process, approving expenditures, and managing program resources to ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of successful experience in children and family services program administration;
- Five years proven business management and personnel management experience;
- Proficient working knowledge of laws and regulations governing Buckner’s programs;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and the ability to speak, read, and write in English;
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues;
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-volume, multi-faced, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously;
- Experience developing, directing, and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals, while balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Working knowledge of budgetary management, development of policies and procedures, and technology software including Microsoft Office Suite, and other software platforms necessary for program management.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations, both domestic and international, with some overnight stays;
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance and must be 21 years of age in order to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy;
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required;
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change and demonstrate proficient counseling and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, exercise sound judgement and confidentiality; and
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds continuously.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Work, or Education
- Current Child Care Administrator’s License from the State of Texas
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.