About the Role
As the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator for West Texas, you will shine hope in the lives of children and families by recruiting, coordinating, supervising, and engaging volunteers in support of Buckner programs and fundraising efforts in the West Texas region.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our program participants through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Organizing, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive volunteer program for the West Texas region to include recruitment, screening, training, and supervision of volunteers.
- Develop and implement effective volunteer strategy plans for West Texas Regional ministries.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and volunteers to ensure the use of volunteers meets the strategic needs of programs and provide a quality experience for volunteers.
- Work with program team members to identify how volunteers can be engaged to fulfill program needs.
- Serve as the point person for the volunteer management system as relates to West Texas ministries including Lubbock, Midland, Amarillo, and the Rio Grande Valley and maintain a master calendar of all volunteer activities.
- Work closely with Director of Volunteer Engagement in the initiation of new projects.
- Assist with special events/assigned projects and tasks as they involve volunteers.
- Support the Executive Directors, operations staff, and Director of Volunteer Engagement.
- Identify church and community partners and engage through effective use of volunteers.
- Represent Buckner at church/ community meetings and with partners which are strategic in fulfillment of defined volunteer opportunities.
- Act as a liaison to the community; support and represent Buckner at special events, activities, and other assigned functions; and speak in public on behalf of Buckner if needed.
- Interact with outside consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to program participants.
- Work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs
- Travel as needed using various modes of transportation to monitor, assess and help develop programs with some overnight stays required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D and a minimum of 3 years prior related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including word, power point, and advanced excel applications
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population base in the community and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with an awareness that error may have serious consequence; exercise patience, initiative, and sound judgment following established guidelines
- A personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of our program participants and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and the public.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance, and must be 21 years of age to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, travel to various geographic locations with some overnight stays, and be on call as needed.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time, and ability to squat, climb stairs, kneel and twist; ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate objects.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Prior related experience in volunteer recruitment, coordination, training, and supervision.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.