About the Role
As the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator for Buckner Retirement Services you will support the Director of Marketing by executing tactical and timely actions related to our social media and digital marketing strategy that support and position the identification, conversion, and retention of individuals, groups, and organizations critical to the growth of the ministry areas of Buckner Retirement Services.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Manage designated social media accounts. Create accurate, grammatically correct and timely or campaign-specific content to be cross-posted via multiple platforms. Monitor, engage with, and be quick to acknowledge responses from inquiring individuals (attain and maintain response badge on Facebook). Initiate appropriate and strategic response tactics to inquiries. Maintain social media accounts to be current and consistent with latest platform features. Ensure ‘about us’ pages are keyword optimized and contact info is correct. Leverage social media opportunities. Tag and leverage opportunities with Buckner partner organization posts and content and local Buckner pages..
- Create reports to provide data analysis on social media metrics (engagement, followers, inquiries, conversions). Help establish and monitor achievement toward social media marketing goals. Identify, implement, and adjust posting frequency, optimal times, and optimal SEM/SEO keywords. Use data to support planning of scheduled posts year over year.
- Be an expert in latest social media trends and power user of different social media platforms. Research social media industry news and ideas that would be a good fit for our faith-based, nonprofit organization.
- Support local social media through corporate-initiated engagement to educate on best practices and the shared relationship to leverage initiatives, promote overall brand, and achieve like goals. Be an example to local administrators and serve as a resource on best practices. Create customized content for local markets to use to ensure consistent coverage on local platforms.
- Deliver on-site social media and event marketing support at Buckner-hosted and partner-involved organization events. Coordinate the creation, completion, and distribution of event marketing assets that promote event hashtags or other desired actions from attendees. Oversee setup/takedown/logistics of technical equipment used for social media and event marketing content promotion.
- Support the Director of Marketing with assignments related to the comprehensive annual marketing plan for Buckner Retirement Services based on the ministry priorities set forth by leadership.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans as assigned by Director of Marketing.
- Monitor brand sentiment on social media and web presence.
- Provide creative written content and direction for marketing communications projects including print, web, and video development and production, in conjunction with the BRS Director of Marketing and the Buckner Communications department.
- Serve as marketing project coordinator for Buckner Retirement Services print and digital projects including processing project requests, proof routing, coordinating with designers, printers and customers, and ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery of project.
- Develop content for print and digital media projects including, but not limited to direct mail, social media, advertisements, brochures, flyers and other print collateral, newsletters, HTML emails, and specialty projects.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years prior related experience in marketing communications required. Graphic design and/or video-editing experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and other online tools such as Canva and Constant Contact.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite on the Windows platform.
- Cross-proficiency in web content.
- Creative writing skills you will use to generate visually engaging, accurate, grammatically correct, AP-style-edited platform-size-specific, social media content.
- Proficient social media management skills for multiple platforms.
- You are an expert on latest social media trends and power user of various social media platforms.
- You have excellent analytical skills you will use to identify trends, issues, and to quickly analyze data then create reports for presentation to peers and leadership.
- Quickly develop relationships with peers, leadership and internal customers to collaborate on social media and marketing projects and outcomes.
- Proven track record for driving business initiatives to desired outcomes.
- Your ability to develop and implement strategic marketing plans as assigned by Director of Marketing.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Nonprofit and digital marketing experience.
- Prior related experience marketing for the senior living industry.
- Project management certification.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.