About the Role
As a Maintenance Tech / Driver at Westminster Place you make the work possible by creating a clean, safe space for our residents. This position combines preventative maintenance with general janitorial tasks and is responsible for the maintenance operations of the buildings, equipment and grounds. .
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance functions including: changing light bulbs, replacing broken switch plates and outlet covers, unstopping toilets, sinks and drains, replacing blinds, hanging window coverings, pictures, bulletin boards, etc., touch up painting, checking and cleaning gutters, replacing doorknobs and strike plates, hinges, cabinet knobs, etc., watering outside shrubbery as needed and reporting other maintenance needs.
- Perform basic repairs to buildings and miscellaneous equipment or appliances or vehicles.
- Perform routine campus cleaning functions including, but not limited to: observing grounds, picking up debris or trash, maintaining maintenance building, storage areas, and other work areas in a clean and orderly manner, hauling items to the dump as necessary, maintaining areas behind buildings in a clean and orderly manner free of debris.
- Perform routine safety walk-through of all bui9ldings, identify and report potential safety hazards.
- Ensure all routine maintenance needs of campus vehicles are completed monthly including oil changes, annual inspections, weekly checks and refueling.
- Maintain records on transportation provided for residents, fuel receipts and maintenance activity on the community vehicles.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Working knowledge of basic maintenance for facility upkeep
- Ability to move cleaning and maintenance equipment throughout the facility on a daily basis.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems, or safety concerns.
- Ability to adjust and operate electric-powered cleaning equipment, ability to work with hand tools.
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for clients and others in the area and ability to cooperate and work with other employees with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Age 21 or older with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record so you can be insured on the Buckner insurance and so as to drive Buckner vehicles as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, residents and their families.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.