About the Role
As a Case Manager for our FAYS (Family and Youth Success) program, you will deliver program services including, but not limited to, receiving intake calls, providing crisis intervention services, providing on-going short term family and individual youth counseling, and facilitating your skills groups and parent skills groups. Accurately document services provided.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Establish and build supportive working relationships with clients and their families.
- Provide therapeutic interaction to assist parent in re-gaining, building, and maintaining effective coping skills and a supportive and nurturing environment for their family.
- Provide effective and appropriate crisis intervention as required, both face-to-face and over the phone: recommend and initiate emergency shelter placement when absolutely necessary; provide appropriate documentation of these services.
- Provide effective and appropriate individual and family counseling for youth and families who are registered FAYS clients; make home and school visits, preferably.
- Provide effective and appropriate youth skills training and parent skills training for registered FAYS clients and caregivers.
- Collaborate with clients and caregivers to develop, monitor, and review Action Plans and Action Plan Updates as scheduled according to established guidelines.
- Plan for case closures, administer post-surveys, and satisfaction surveys, and prepare closure summary documentation; develop aftercare plans and provide follow-up at the appropriate time.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables.
- Proficient working knowledge of family work, family systems, crisis intervention.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Proficient ability to speak, read and write English. Ability to speak, read and write in
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree n a related field (required) or a Master's Degree in social work (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years prior related experience working with youth and families in a professional setting required.. .
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.