About the Role
As the Senior Executive Director for Southeast Texas, you will impact the lives of children and families by supervising and leading our programs located in Beaumont and the greater Houston area. You will coordinate and oversee the overall strategy, budget, development, and performance of all Southeast Texas programs and facilities, and serve as Buckner’s primary representative for the greater Houston area.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Manage and provide leadership for the facilities in Houston and Beaumont in alignment with Buckner’s strategic plan and in accordance with regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Oversee all business operations; oversee the control and utilization of physical and financial resources; and promote services and programs that are cost effective and attain established goals.
- Oversee facility operations to ensure operations are effective and efficient including timely and effective resolution of all issues and problems; ensure effective organization through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties; establish and maintain formal systems of accountability through effective organizational structure.
- Assist management in strategic planning and direction for business operations; evaluate results, identify opportunities; initiate improvement, and measure performance against objectives.
- Represent Buckner to local community constituencies, donors, churches, professional organizations, and government agencies.
- In collaboration with Development staff, engage donors and prospective donors in the greater Houston and Beaumont area and partner with the Communications team to represent Buckner through engagement with churches, businesses, social clubs, government entities and other groups.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures which support the provision of quality care for clients while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with governing agencies and Buckner policies and procedures.
- Support and engage Department of Program Development and Support, Volunteer Management, Humanitarian Aid, and Missions departments to ensure Buckner success.
- Review and effectively react to reports from authorized inspecting agencies and report all contacts with regulatory agencies to the Vice President of Domestic Programs.
- Monitor trends and changes in practices and legislation on state and federal level for children and family services industry.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate, and provide direction to direct reports; provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; assist, guide and support supervisors with employee review, selection evaluation and terminations.
- Develop and manage the budget effectively, including monitoring the budget, participating in the annual budget process, and approving expenditures. Manage program resources to ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, business management, or a related field;
- A minimum of ten years of experience in children and family services program administration;
- Seven years of proven business management and personnel management experience;
- Proficient working knowledge of laws and regulations governing Buckner’s programs;
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues;
- Experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic goals;
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-volume, multi-faced, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously;
- Analytical skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of information and focus quickly on the essence of an issue; a strong commitment to producing measurable results;
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations, both domestic and international, and some overnight stays;
- Ability to drive assigned vehicles, provide proof of liability insurance and must be 21 years of age in order to be eligible to drive under Buckner’s insurance policy;
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required;
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change and demonstrate proficient counseling and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and speak in front of groups;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, exercise sound judgement and confidentiality; and
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds continuously.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Work or Education
- Current Child Care Administrator’s license from The State of Texas
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.