About the Role
Calder Woods is seeking a receptionist who is professional and who will enjoy assisting the residents and those entering the community. This position will serve as the PRN receptionist for the Buckner Campus. Manage multi-line phone system. Greets visitors and responds to initial needs. Assist with general office duties when needed.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to sign in and out when they enter and leave building.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to wear badge indicating status.
- Report noncompliance of above safety procedures to manager on duty.
- Answer multi-line telephone including taking and screening calls and relaying messages as needed.
- Perform general typing and other secretarial tasks for the staff.
- Act as administrative support to managers as requested.
- Handle outgoing mail on a daily task.
- Sort daily mail.
- Ensure resident packages and prescriptions are delivered in a timely manner.
- Receive and log calls.
- Monitor alarm system
- Take maintenance calls and fill out work orders appropriately.
- Exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming and dress, demonstrate appropriate manners, language,a positive attitude with residents, co-workers and the community at large.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements.
- Works successfully as part of a team.
- Be responsible for managing the other concierge employees.
- Creating schedules.
- Willing to be on call every weekend.
- Perform special assignments, projects and other duties as required.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to read and write.
- Requires the ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written communications.
- Good character, personal attributes, and mannerisms to be a good role model for youth and their families;
- Requires the ability to work with frequent interruptions while maintaining flexibility and dealing with change.
- Ability to take initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
- Self-motivation to guide daily work with only moderate supervision;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, youth and their families;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A minimum of 2 years working in an residential community.
- A minimum of 2 years supervising direct reports and creating schedules.
- Certification in Customer Service
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.