About the Role
As a Marketing/Sales Counselor you will inspire happiness in the community through excellence in sourcing and securing new residents. A residency Sales Counselor at Buckner Parkway Place, Houston, TX is responsible for working with the Director of Sales & Marketing to successfully build occupancy thru sales and move-ins.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our community through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the management team in developing, implementing, and updating all sales and marketing plans that include but are not limited to: Community Events, Educational Seminars, Professional Networking, Public Relations, and Outreach.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to identify and maintain key relationships with community and professional sources.
- Work in partnership with the community staff to ensure all aspects of the sales process (inquiry, tour, follow-up, and closing the sale) are handled professionally and expertly.
- Ensure appropriate follow up activities are completed so all inquiries are identified, scheduled, completed, and documented.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management software system daily to capture key data as appropriate.
Participate with the management team to assure marketability of the community, including: Resident/Family communications.
- Assist with the planning of marketing events both internal and external.
- Participate in sales training and professional development.
- Keep abreast of key competitors' strengths, weaknesses, and pricing.
- Work closely with the management team to maximize revenue.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Two years of demonstrated successful sales experience or public relations experience, preferably in the Senior Housing industry.
- Strong sales management experience in Senior Living.
- Minimum 1 year of experience successfully supervising other team members.
- A strong ability to relate to seniors and demonstrated learning track to better understand their housing and amenities needs.
- You are self-disciplined, driven, demonstrate initiative, maintain confidentiality, competitive, attentive to details, persistent, and personable.
- You work successfully within a team and actively contribute to attainment of community goals.
- Demonstrated success in a sales environment.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or other related fields of study required. A minimum of 3 years prior related experience working in real estate, hospitality, healthcare, or senior living organization preferred. Prior related experience in sales or marketing required.
- Current proficient-level experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient ability to create professional documents using Microsoft Office software. Proficient ability to create complex Excel spreadsheets using formulas and pivot tables required.
- You adjust well to working a flexible schedule to be available to potential and new residents during some evenings, weekends, and or holidays as needed to meet business needs.
- Professionally work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change; ability to effectively orally and in writing and speak in front of small to large groups.
- You excel at time management and meeting multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- You have a strong sense of diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organization peers and outside colleagues.
- You relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to individuals in a multicultural organization.
- You have a successful record for closing sales.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.