About the Role
Calder Woods is seeking a passionate, empathetic individual who enjoys working with elders. This position will be responsible for performing all services necessary to secure happiness and the well-being of Assisted Living/Harbor Elder Residents.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provides for Elders' personal hygiene including, but not limited to, cleaning bedpans and urinals, administering baths, backrubs, shampoos and shaves, and assisting with showers
- Maintains compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and regulations. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Immediately responds to client requests for assistance. Immediately reports issues to appropriate person provides for activities of daily living including assistance with meals and feeding Elders; ambulates, turns and positions Elders; provides fresh water and nourishment between meals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Appropriately administers non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.
- Accurately performs I&O; checks vital signs and weight; performs sugar and acetone urine testing, specimen collection and post-mortem care.
- Provides for comfort needs of Elders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of ministry.
- Is knowledgeable of DADs regulations for Assisted Living and Alzheimer's communities.
- Serves as liaison between Elders, families and outside caregivers in order to best minister to the Elders.
- With specialized training and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
- Maintains excellent working relations among all nursing unit personnel and hospital employees through appropriate communication.
- Promptly answers Elders’ call lights and requests.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for Elders and co-workers; transports Elders and equipment as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires basic understanding of specialized are of knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school or equivalent. Requires ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions
- Assisting the residents with personal care.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Position requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, climbing, kneeling, walking and standing over 75% of shift. Sitting on the job is greatly discouraged.
- Requires proficient ability to exercise independent judgment under broad certified nursing care guidelines.
- Sufficient good health to properly discharge duties required. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Requires proficient ability to comply with Resident Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now or as amended.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Certified Nursing Aide Certification
- A minimum of 1-2 years of working as a caregiver.
- Knowledgeable about Assisted Living.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.