About the Role:
Responsible for cleanliness and servicing of assigned area, care of cleaning equipment; efficient expenditures of soaps, waxes, polishes, and similar supplies. This position combines aspects of housekeeping, maintenance, and custodial functions.
What You'll Do:
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions of assigned areas in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc. in residents’ rooms, recreational areas, etc. daily.
- Clean and service all aspects of rooms, baths, offices, and common areas seeking a "like new" effect.
- Clean floors to include, sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. while assuring that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly in place.
- Dust furniture and equipment; clean windows, window sills, mirrors, and light globes in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean, wash, sanitize and/or polish bathroom fixtures; ensure that watermarks are removed from fixtures. Scour and polish bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, and similar items; replenish supplies of soap and towels.
- Keep utility storage rooms in good order by cleaning lockers and equipment, arranging supplies, and vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors as needed.
- Vacuum, shampoo, deodorize and disinfect all carpets.
- Operate large scrubbers, buffers, and polishers to maintain all hallways.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Properly mix/dilute housekeeping chemicals and products according to instructions.
- Clean hallways, stairways and elevators.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, etc. to your supervisor as soon as practical.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. as directed or requested and in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Detect, correct and/or immediately report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Maintain compliance with all safety policies and procedures; place “Wet Floor” signs in all work areas where mopping, stripping, and waxing is being done or has recently been completed.
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner. Keep work/assignment area free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures. Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as necessary or directed. Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift. Keep supervisor informed of any supply or equipment needs or needed repairs. Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies is maintained in utility/janitorial closets to perform daily tasks.
- Observe and report resident symptoms, reactions and changes.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training as required.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as well as all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain compliance with residents’ rights; knock before entering a resident’s room.
- Turn in all found items to your supervisor; report lost or stolen items to your supervisor.
- Assist with staff as needed to provide assistance to residents and/or support to facility operations.
- Detect, correct or report hazardous conditions that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others
- Perform other assignments and duties as requested.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Requires proficient ability to read, write, and understand business documents which are written in English. Requires ability to understand verbal English and speak English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires the ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires the ability to move cleaning equipment/food throughout the facility, using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, handle, stand, and walk over 75% of shift.
- Requires the ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Requires the ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Requires the ability to learn to adjust and operate electric-powered cleaning equipment; ability to work with hand tools.
- Requires the ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents and co-workers in vicinity; ability to cooperate and work with other team players and teams.
- Requires the ability to work under limited supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires basic knowledge of house cleaning devices, such as brooms, mops, etc., cleaning agents, and sanitation/cleaning requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Related experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Requires ability to function effectively in a team environment focused upon performance goals.
- Requires ability to change duties quickly and to adapt to new projects.
- Requires willingness to serve in rotating leadership positions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 experience working in a Long Term Care Facility
At Buckner one of the wats we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits.
- Paid time Off and Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents crating a happy, healthy environment for all.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat our applicants--with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.