About the Role
As a Medical Records Supply Clerk, you'll be responsible for maintaining and inputting the digital records and data for the nursing department; perform secretarial duties for the nursing department. Responsible for maintaining and ordering nursing department supplies.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Timely and accurately input information such as physician’s orders, H.C.P., med sheets, and diet diagnosis treatments into the appropriate computer system on a daily basis.
- Print physician orders every 90 days and med sheets, flow sheets and treatment sheets every 30 days for all nursing stations.
- Update resident information such as annual diagnosis, change of physicians, etc. on a daily basis.
- Maintain a current file of residents and other information as requested.
- Perform station rounds daily to collect required data.
- Timely and accurately type letters and correspondence, nursing forms, in-service forms, and all policies and procedures written by the Director of Nursing.
- Order all nursing supplies and forms for each unit; stock nursing supplies and forms in the appropriate locations throughout the facility.
- Label, stock, and issue nursing supplies and over-the-counter medication as directed.
- Timely process invoices in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist with reviewing monthly statements as directed.
- Accurately type letters/correspondence, policies and procedures written by the Director of Nursing, nursing forms, and all in-service forms.
- Follow up with Medical Records Requests in a timely manner.
- Exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming, appropriate dress, appropriate manner and language and positive attitude and demeanor in interactions with residents, co-workers and the community-at-large.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- High school diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in medical records, data base management and word processing preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires working knowledge of medical terminology; ability to recognize changes in residents’ appearance, attitude, and condition.
- Requires proficiency in electronic medical records systems.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions; ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, and communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires employee to exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, grooming, dress, manner, language and positive attitude and demeanor in interactions with residents, families, co-workers and the community.
- Requires ability to talk and hear over 75% of shift.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision; exercise excellent professional judgment.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.