What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Discuss and Identify needs of client families and work to bring empowerment resources to meet those needs.
- Assist clients in accessing the programs on-site as well as other community services and referrals, this includes teaching the clients how to access resources themselves.
- Develop and manage a system to coordinate on-site and off-site programs to aid with communication among program sponsors.
- Analyze program needs; develop, modify and implement changes in the program to meet changing needs of clients.
- Coordinate regular events including, but not limited to health fairs, health education classes, holiday celebrations and block parties.
- Organize, implement and coordinate a volunteer program with the Buckner Director of Volunteer Management including volunteer recruitment, screening, training, supervision, evaluation in compliance with Buckner Policy.
- Effectively manage volunteer schedules and activities.
- Maintain a master calendar of all volunteer activities.
- Plan, organize and implement designated special events, gift drives and distribution.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and is responsible for maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Assist with conducting tours for mission groups and community programs.
- Represent hope and love working with culturally diverse youth and families.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and develop programs.
What You'll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and be a great addition to out team we need you to come with the following:
- Essential ability to recognize confidential matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to motivate people.
- Innovative thinking is required.
- Leadership ability characterized by servant leadership, integrity and honesty.
- Must possess the ability to lead through influence as opposed to authority.
- You would have the opportunity to relate positively, influentially and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with energy and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Offers a great opportunity to become attuned to the needs of others and to grow in leadership by effectively establishing working relationships with the public and other Buckner employees.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
Minimum two years prior related experience required. Minimum one-year prior related experience providing community-based services, crisis assistance or direct social services preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.