About the Role
As a Program Assistant for the Buckner Children and Family Services, you will impact the lives of children and families by providing vital administrative support to our Foster Care program staff and campus staff including answering calls, preparing program correspondence, prepare invoices, submit billing and accounts receivables and complete contract billing.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to the foster care and adoption staff, including the Foster Care and Adoption Supervisor, and other designated campus staff members including maintain filing system; research and analyze data to produce monthly reports and other required documents; assist in budget preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgetary performance; transcribe meeting notes; and answer phone and initiate follow-up as appropriate.
- Accept inquiry calls, provide information and complete an initial screening on prospective foster and adoptive parents in accordance with established guidelines.
- Timely and accurately prepare and manage billing for foster care program in accordance with established guidelines.
- Generate reports as requested. Accurately prepare and proofread letters, memos, spreadsheets, and other correspondence daily. Review and accurately process mail, faxes, emails, and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- While demonstrating excellence in customer service, answer phones, take and relay messages, and provide accurate and appropriate information.
- Assist in gathering and preparing materials needed for group presentations and trainings.
- Complete monthly billing for Foster Care program reimbursements, regularly follow-up with contract providers regarding delinquent receivables,
- Prepare check requests, manage the regional checkbook, audit petty cash, code invoices and complete vouchers for foster care and campus invoices.
- Timely and accurately enter data for foster parent training into the designated software; create and maintain training logs for employees and foster families.
- Provide transportation for children to parent child visits, sibling visits, or other appointments when the foster parents or their caregivers are unable to perform this task.
- Assist in managing special projects or events as requested, including creating an annual calendar and completing room reservations/work orders.
- Request documents from subcontractors to ensure documentation maintained is current and complete in accordance with licensing and regulatory requirements
- Accurately and timely maintain discharged files and manage record retention.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and additional meetings as requested. Transcribe and distribute meeting notes as requested.
- Complete monthly utilization and budget reports and submit to designated staff members as requested.
- Provide monthly documentation to TDFPS in accordance with contract requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Knowledge normally attained through High School diploma or equivalent with combination of three (3) years’ work experience. High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required; Minimum three years administrative experience required.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to relate cross-culturally and with varying socio-economic groups in a variety of settings and contexts. Communicate both orally and in writing with client families, agencies, community members, resource providers and other BCFS clients, administration, and staff.
- Ability to speak clearly and make yourself understood in face-to-face interactions and on the phone, articulating with accuracy. Receive verbal instructions, answer phones, etc. with some background noise.
- Ability to understand and relate to the theories behind several related concepts; remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to long periods of time (months).
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change and prioritize tasks in accordance with duties and responsibilities assigned.
- A personality attuned to the requirements of meeting the needs of the clients and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with client families, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while exercising sound judgment and confidentiality.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles sing required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including, but not limited to, word processing, spread sheets, desktop publishing and graphics.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Associates Degree in financial or business field.
- Prior related experience with foster family reimbursements or other licensed social services agency preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.