About the Role
The home developer position would be working primarily with the Community Based Care program, Our Community Our Kids, in the Region 3 area. The home base would be in our Dallas Campus branch office. The primary clients would be the licensed foster homes. As a home developer, your primary responsibility is the recruitment, training, licensure and development of foster homes.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the Foster Care team to meet the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of foster children during the time they are placed in a Buckner foster home, as outlined in each client’s plan of service.
- Provide ongoing home development for clients living in Buckner foster homes in accordance with established Buckner guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in regular supervision and support with the client and foster parents during frequent home visits, office visits, and telephone contact as is required by state licensing and Buckner policy and procedure.
- Timely complete accurate and thorough documentation for case files in accordance with Buckner guidelines and procedures in order to meet minimum standards requirements.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally associated with the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field. Bachelor’s Degree in human services or other related field required. Minimum 2 years prior related experience required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully and effectively communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population base in the community; ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequences; requires ability to exercise patience, initiative, and sound professional judgment.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master’s Degree in social work or counseling
- Counseling and/or social work licensure is preferred.
- Spanish speaking
- Previous foster care case management experience
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.