About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician for our Lubbock campuses, you make the work possible by creating a safe space for our clients to come and receive services. This position is responsible for preventative and routine maintenance operations of the buildings, equipment and grounds. You will make the building shine so that the entire Buckner team can shine hope in the lives of our clients.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance functions including: changing light bulbs; replacing broken switch plates and outlet covers; unstopping toilets, sinks and drains; replacing blinds; handing window coverings, pictures, bulletin boards, etc.; touch up painting; checking and cleaning gutters; replacing doorknobs and strike plates, hinges, cabinet knobs, etc.; watering outside shrubbery as needed; and reporting other maintenance needs.
- Perform basic repairs to buildings and miscellaneous equipment or appliances, vehicles, and lawn equipment.
- Maintain repair, maintenance, and inspection records for campus and buildings, such as pest control, a/c air filters, septic, lawn care, etc., and improvements.
- Perform basic repairs to buildings and miscellaneous equipment or appliances. Make minor repairs and adjustments, repair clogged sinks, commodes, or drains in all assigned facilities.
- Perform routine campus cleaning functions including, but not limited to: observing grounds; picking up debris or trash; maintaining maintenance building, storage areas, paint room, and other work areas in a clean and orderly manner; hauling items to the dump as necessary; maintaining areas behind buildings in a clean and orderly manner free of debris; and cleaning porches, outside windows and shutters as needed.
- Inspect and repair appliance as needed.
- Perform routine safety walk-through of all buildings; identify and report potential safety hazards.
- Keep utility storage rooms in good order by cleaning lockers and equipment, arranging supplies, and sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floor.
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellence in customer service including cheerfully greeting clients and visitors and exercising respect with co-workers.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 3 years prior related maintenance experience;
- An in-depth understanding of facility management and routine maintenance.
- Working knowledge of basic maintenance for facility upkeep;
- Ability to adjust and operate electric-powered cleaning equipment; ability to work with hand tools;
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Ability to move cleaning and maintenance equipment throughout the facility on a daily basis;
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions;
- Ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns;
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for clients and others in the area and ability to cooperate and work with other employees with a positive attitude and demeanor;
- Age 21 with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record so you can be insured on the Buckner insurance and so as to drive Buckner vehicles as needed;
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
- Self-motivation to guide daily work with only moderate supervision;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, youth and their families;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Previous experience providing facility management and maintenance services across multiple locations.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.