About the Role
As a Human Resources Business Partner for Buckner Children and Family Services (BCFS), you will impact the lives of children and families through the oversight and execution of human resource strategies and programs to include: talent acquisition, time and labor management, performance management, employee relations, total rewards and talent development. As a member of the BCFS People Operations Team, you will be responsible for driving human resource excellence and ensuring that human resource strategies deliver the required results aligned with our mission, vision, and values.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with BCFS leadership and the Support Center HR team to plan, develop, and implement human resource strategies to include recruitment and selection, policies and procedures, employee relations, investigations, training, and development.
- Consult with Director of Human Resources and Support Center HR team to support management of employee relations issues and concerns.
- Manage overall recruiting processes to effectively recruit and hire top talent, including partnering with directors/managers to identify and understand position specifications and hiring needs, draft and/or update position descriptions, as well as ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage HRIS for hires, terminations, transfers, compensation changes, talent management, and analytics and provide employment data analysis reports as requested.
- Assist managers with internal investigations in coordination with Support Center HR team and prepare documents related to each investigation for review by management.
- Prepare determination documents for review by management and assist the Support Center HR Team to prepare for and respond to claims from regulatory entities.
- Provide consultation and support to managers and office managers on the onboarding program and in coordination with Support Center Human Resources and Talent Development.
- Assist management to implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Collaborate with the Director of Human Resources, the Director of Talent Development and Support Center HR to create training programs for employees and managers and facilitate training as required.
- Ensure that all employees consistently follow established occupational injury program requirements and learn of company safety regulations including fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, and other safety programs and protocols.
- Collaborate with managers and office managers as need to ensure alignment with safety programs and protocols and consult with managers and office managers to ensure that all employees attend appropriate safety and organizational training in accordance with licensing and corporation requirements, and as needed.
- Assist managers in the use of the talent management system to include how to set job specific goals that are aligned with business objectives, and to measure attainment.
- Provide training to managers on how to lead coaching and redirection meetings and proper delivery of constructive feedback using company approved tools and systems.
- Assist managers to prepare performance improvement plans as needed including collecting appropriate documentation and drafting the performance plans.
- Provide written and oral reports to management regarding employee related matters specific to each facility, keeping management apprised of identified issues and bringing forward appropriate recommendations for solutions.
- In collaboration with Senior Executive Directors, Support Center HR, and Senior Management, guide department managers and directors in HR practices according to established policies and procedures through ongoing education, systems review, identifying incorrect HR administration practices, correction of deficient practices, and informing the Administrator of serious deficiencies.
- Maintain compliance with Buckner policies, procedures, and established protocols. Maintain compliance with federal and state laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers, and develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) and a minimum of 5 years of prior related experience in Human Resources, supporting senior level leadership.
- An in-depth understanding of human resources programs, processes, and practices, including the ability to define problems, draw conclusions and make decisions dealing with abstract variables.
- Knowledge of regulation and guidelines pertaining to human resources and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex legal requirements and guidelines.
- The ability to be forward thinking, exhibit the highest ethical standards, maintain confidentiality, and present an appropriate professional image.
- The ability to respond effectively and appropriately to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- The ability to speak clearly and make yourself understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone; and speak read and write in English.
- Ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, and communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- A working knowledge of budgetary management and development of policies and procedures to proficiently plan, administer and report budgets.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning, facilitate meetings, and make presentations to management level staff as required.
- Ability to effectively manage personnel which requires administrative skills to include staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations with some overnight stays.
- Ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to operate and perform computer related tasks with specific office equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles using required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate degree in Business Management or Human Resources related field.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification
- Prior experience using ADP HRIS
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.