About the Role
As the Office Manager for the South East Texas region you will support the Senior Executive Director in the day-to-day administrative activities of the region. You will provide administrative support to the Senior Executive Director and other designated staff, and serve as initial point of contact for all logistics/support and provide logistical support for the Senior Executive Director and other designated staff. You will also guide managers and directors in administrative responsibilities and serve as a resource to all South East Texas staff.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Executive Director: maintain filing system; research and analyze data to produce monthly reports; assist in budget preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgetary performance; transcribe meeting notes; and answer the Senior Executive Director’s phone in his/her absence and initiate follow-up as appropriate.
- Analyze the administrative and maintenance needs of all South East Texas offices; develop and implement processes for efficient operation; responsible for continued alignment with budget goals; demonstrate operational competence and ability to work independently.
- Independently manage tasks and projects; research, analyze data, produce monthly reports and assist with budget preparation and reporting as assigned and required.
- Supervise and direct the operations of the region’s administration needs as they pertain to clerical and bookkeeping duties. Provide direct supervision to the South East Texas administrative support staff.
- Oversee the ongoing physical condition of the campuses. Provide direct supervision to the South East Texas maintenance staff.
- Serve as liaison between Senior Executive Director and other personnel.
- Effectively handle all types of communication including internal and external constituents; provide correspondence support. Meet with Senior Executive Director regularly to discuss and follow-up on communication and activities. Keep Senior Executive Director informed of communication and activities handled in his/her absence.
- Effectively coordinate and provide logistical support for meetings as assigned by Senior Executive Director and/or other designated staff. Attend meetings at various geographic locations to assist with location and event needs.
- Effectively administer calls and requests for meetings and information from Senior Executive Director’s office. Answer phones, take messages, and respond to requests appropriately and timely.
- Effectively maintain database information for the Senior Executive Director’s contacts by updating his/her electronic contact list accurately and timely.
- Maintain calendar for the Senior Executive Director and other designated staff. Track appointments and other events. Maintain departmental calendars for the South East Texas region.
- Plan, schedule and organize all aspects of domestic and international travel for the Senior Executive Director and other staff as directed.
- Accurately and timely complete documentation and communication to register the Senior Executive Director and other designated staff for various meetings and conferences as directed.
- Provide efficient office assistance as needed for the Senior Executive Director’s office. Manage day-to-day inquiries, mail, communication, and issues as directed.
- Provide effective telecommunications support answering phones, taking messages, routing messages and requests to the appropriate person timely and accurately. Accurately identify high priority callers and take immediate action to inform supervisor then properly manage routing of caller and/or messages to the appropriate individual.
- Exercise excellent discernment skills to identify, analyze and determine effective management of all issues, concerns and day to day communication in office independently, one on one with Senior Executive Director, and as a team. Make independent decisions in accordance with guidelines. Initiate professional assertiveness when necessary to handle matters.
- Accurately and timely prepare, audit and process invoices for payment. Accurately complete expense reports and voucher requests for the Senior Executive Director and other designated staff as required.
- Manage, review, prepare and monitor expense reports on a timely basis. Provide technical support and training for South East Texas administrative staff to ensure accurate expense reporting.
- Effectively manage regional procurement tasks to include equipment, office supplies, floral arrangements, books, subscriptions, publications, renewals, and printing jobs. Research and purchase equipment, materials and supplies, while maintaining budget. Prepare invoices for payment. Use discretion and sound fiscal judgment while managing resources.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with donors, staff, and other agencies and entities.
- Assist managers in monitoring ongoing compliance of required trainings; regularly perform audits to ensure compliance. Notify the Corporate Compliance Officer of concerns, formal complaints, or privacy violations. Timely and appropriately respond to any and all complaints or privacy violations.
- Collaborate with BCFS People Operations as required to process documents and information for staff within the region.
- Assist managers in the recruiting and onboarding process. Work with managers to ensure a smooth onboarding of new hires. Assist managers as needed with office/facility set up, including submitting onboarding requests through Cherwell, the Buckner Service Portal, ordering name tags for new employees, and welcome kits.
- Accurately prepare and proofread memos, letters, spreadsheets and other documents and correspondence as required. Complete accurate and timely documentation.
- Review and accurately process mail, faxes, emails, and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Prepare presentations to support the Senior Executive Director as required.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives. Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Supervise bookkeeping tasks within the region. Perform bookkeeping tasks for accounts payable and accounts receivable for collaborators. Make deposits for collaborator receivables. Maintain petty cash fund in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurately prepare CQI and utilization reports and submit to the Corporate office.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, plan, execute and evaluate.
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) plus related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years prior related experience.
- Proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate excellence in customer service while representing the Senior Executive Director’s office to both internal and external constituents.
- College level accounting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of simultaneously and effectively managing multiple complex projects. Requires proficient understanding of project management, process design and procedures development and continuous improvement. Certification in project management preferred.
- Sensibility and adaptability to cultures representative of existing program locations.
- In-depth understanding of the various types of social service programs Buckner provides.
- In-depth ability to plan, administer, and report budgets.
- Working knowledge of project planning and budgetary management.
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results. Strong business acumen required.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-faceted, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Bias for fact-based decision making and action-oriented project management practices.
- Ability to minimize risk to the company and remove obstacles.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations with some overnight stays. Will regularly be required to travel to Buckner locations in Houston (Reed Road and Aldine) and Beaumont.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles both domestically and internationally using required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher required. Requires proficient working knowledge and ability to timely and accurately operate and perform tasks using standard office equipment, including, but not limited to, copy machines, fax machines, telephone, calculator, and other equipment as directed.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.