About the Role
As a Receptionist/Concierge you will impact the lives of our members and residents by building a positive hospitality culture.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate hospitality service activities including general member communications, guest reception, event planning, and problem solving any resident and guest needs or concerns.
- Establish and maintain organized communications and reference systems at each concierge desk including rolodex, emergency vendor information, resident census, and all other systems necessary for effective community communications.
- Serve as liaison with new member or resident upon move-in.
- Act as liaison between member and/or resident with community by providing direction in resolving concerns, channeling concerns to the appropriate administrative person, and conducting follow up as needed to ensure resolution.
- Participate in various member and resident events and social groups to build and maintain relationships with community population.
- Coordinate and lead the member and resident welcoming to provide social support to the new member and resident.
- Introduce new member and resident to community life through personal tours and building orientation, staff introductions, navigating the dining room, functions of the business office, and orientation to general amenities and services including concierge services.
- Conduct follow-up contacts with new member and residents to ensure positive adjustment.
- Assist lead concierge and other leaders in training other department associates in positive hospitality services. Lead associates in building positive hospitality service culture.
- Ensure hospitality stations are open and manned appropriately to meet member, resident, and guest needs at all times, coordinating re-stocking activities and/or volunteers as appropriate.
- Listen pleasantly and attentively to member, resident and family needs, requests and concerns, responding appropriately.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Organizational skills.
- Positive personality with a can-do attitude.
- Passionate about serving others.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.