About the Role
Calder Woods is dedicated to providing quality care to our residents and we are looking for a compassionate and experienced Medical Records receptionist who wants to grow with our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering, processing, and maintaining patient medical records and reporting patient information for health standards. He or she will also ensure medical records are maintained in a manner compliant with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the medical services system.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to sign in and out when they enter and leave building.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to wear badge indicating status.
- Report noncompliance of above safety procedures to manager on duty.
- Answer multi-line telephone including taking and relaying messages as needed.
- Perform general typing and other secretarial tasks for the staff.
- Act as administrative support to managers as requested.
- Handle outgoing mail on a daily task.
- Sort daily mail.
- Ensure resident packages and prescriptions are delivered in a timely manner.
- Receive and log calls.
- Monitor alarm system.
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on Physician and PA/NP availability.
- Exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming, appropriate dress, appropriate manner and language and positive attitude and demeanor in interactions with residents, co-workers and the community-at-large.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Responsible for scanning resident’s documentation into the Vision system
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. This field of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a high school diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Requires the ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires fingering, talking and hearing over 75% of the shift.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near observer.
- Requires ability to work under supervision.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruption; maintaining flexibility and dealing with change; ability to take initiative; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires attention to detail and maintaining a routine; organizational skills required.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, co-workers, and employees from other facilities. Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing are required. Ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your coworkers, volunteers, and the community served at the Family Hope Center.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.