About the Role
The Buckner Children and Family Services Fort Worth team is seeking a new Foster Care & Adoption Supervisor. The supervisor would be working primarily with the Community Based Care program, Our Community Our Kids, in the Region 3B catchment area. The home base would be in our Fort Worth branch office. Our team consists of a case manager, home developer, kinship specialist, program assistant and the site supervisor. However, they are part of the larger regional team with the Dallas team.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Review and approve all child placement activities, investigation findings, and corrective and adverse action plans involving clients.
- Review and approve admission forms, initial and subsequent placement documents, investigation reports, initial plans of service, updated plans of service, discharge or transfer plans and summaries, any restrictions imposed on a child and documentation regarding contacts with the client.
- Timely and accurately address personnel issues including commendations and disciplinary actions using appropriate professional documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget for the assigned foster care programs and provide continuous monitoring of the budget and other program resources to ensure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Master’s Degree specializing in human services field
- Bachelor's Degree specializing in social work
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master’s Degree in social work or counseling
- Active and in good standing Licensed Child Placement Administrator
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.