About the Role
The Buckner Children and Family Services Fort Worth team is seeking a new Foster Care Case Manager. The case manager position would be working primarily with the Community Based Care program, Our Community Our Kids, in the Region 3B catchment area. The home base would be in our Fort Worth branch office. Our team consists of a case manager, home developer, kinship specialist and the site supervisor. However, they are part of the larger regional team with the Dallas team. The primary clients would be children in foster care where they are placed in licensed foster homes. As a case manager, your primary responsibility is to provide coordination of services providers based on the service plan that is created for the client.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the Foster Care team to meet the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of foster children during the time they are placed in a Buckner foster home, as outlined in each client’s plan of service.
- Provide ongoing case management for clients living in Buckner foster homes in accordance with established Buckner guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in regular supervision and support with the client and foster parents during frequent home visits, office visits, and telephone contact as is required by state licensing and Buckner policy and procedure.
- Work nights and weekends as required to complete job duties and meet business needs to provide services to our clients.
- Timely complete accurate and thorough documentation for case files in accordance with Buckner guidelines and procedures in order to meet minimum standards requirements.
- Complete all necessary admission and assessment paperwork; plan and complete discharge paperwork.
- Develop, monitor, and review with clients their Plan of Service designed to increase strengths, address needs, and reduce conflict in the home.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or other related field required. Minimum 2 years prior related experience required.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the legalities involved with medical intervention.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Counseling and/or social work licensure is preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.