About the Role
As a Registered Nurse you will impact the lives of our residents through providing professional nursing care.
Available Shifts: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday through Friday (full-time); 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (full-time); PRN positions available if not currently employed at another healthcare organization (due to COVID-19 safety regulations)
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations in all areas of nursing care.
- Plan, organize, and direct nursing personnel in fulfilling their responsibilities for nursing service.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director, Nurses, Consultants, therapists, in the execution of the elder care policies.
- Maintain awareness of internal operating management policies.
- Develop, train and lead staff in an environment of customer focus.
- Seek new ideas and foster an environment of trust with staff, elders, and families.
- Coordinate liaison activities between the Nursing Department and other disciplines.
- Analyze and evaluate nursing and related services to improve the quality of elder care and maximize nursing time and abilities.
- Make daily rounds in the facility for the purposes of visibility, assessment, completion, and evaluation of care.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed.
- Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives;
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all elders and co-workers
- Ensure that the individual service plan is followed; administers or supervises treatments prescribed by physician.
- Administer all intramuscular, sub-cutaneous injections; performs all in-house testing procedures; takes and records vital signs.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must have a current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing. Experience in supervisory or leadership capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility, and/or geriatric nursing preferred. Current status as an RN required.
- Ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English. Requires ability to speak English proficiently.
- Ability to communicate verbally with elders, families, visitors and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Ability to perform moderately difficult manipulation such as writing, typing; foot and hand-eye coordination required.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Position requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, climbing, kneeling, walking, and standing over 75% of shift.
- Ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment under broad nursing case guidelines. Exercises initiative, patience, tact, and confidentiality; demonstrates administrative and leadership ability; ability to analyze and evaluate objectively. Works under little direct supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, elders, prospective elders, vendors, donors, families and the public. Ability to be assertive in dealing with vendors and media, and proactive with elders in seeking decisions about facility admissions. Ability to meet emotional and physical demands of patients (and to help insure their dignity) and staff on the unit.
- Ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and awareness of priorities in an environment of stress and frequent interruptions.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.