About the Role
As the Administrative Assistant, you will impact the lives of clients, co-workers, and the community at large as the first face and voice of the office by providing an environment that is welcoming, encouraging, respectful, and helpful.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily operations of office activities answering multi-line phone system, relaying messages, data entry, and supervising public areas.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff as requested.
- Coordinate maintenance needs, repairs, and service calls.
- Perform accounting functions related to accounts receivable and accounts payable tasks.
- Maintain workroom and order office supplies, breakroom supplies, and other items as requested.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or GED) required.
- Minimum 3 years prior related experience required.
- Recent computer training or computer experience required.
- Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, and calculators.
- Age 21 with a valid driver's license, a clean driving record, and proof of liability auto insurance.
- Professional work habits, manner, dress, language, and positive attitude/demeanor with clients, co-workers, and the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully and effectively communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English professionally.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your co-workers, volunteers, and the community served.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.