About the Role
As the Project Coordinator for Buckner's domestic Foster Care and Adoption (DFCA) program you will impact the lives of foster families and children in foster care through management, oversight and implementation of key projects across the program and supporting the DFCA network.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Foster Care and Adoption, the DFCA network, and other designated DFCA leaders. Administrative support includes: maintain filing system; research and analyze data to produce monthly reports; assist in budget preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgetary performance; monthly expense reports; travel arrangements; transcribe meeting notes; and answer the Senior Director’s phone in his/her absence and initiate follow-up as appropriate.
- Handle all types of communication including internal and external constituents; provide correspondence support. Meet with Senior Director regularly to discuss and follow-up on communication and activities. Keep Senior Director informed of communication and activities handled in his/her absence.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for meetings as assigned by Senior Director and/or other designated staff. Attend meetings at various geographic locations to assist with location and event needs.
- Administer calls and requests for meetings and information from Senior Director’s office. Answer phones, take messages, and respond to requests appropriately and timely.
- Maintain digital platforms for DFCA including SharePoint, Yammer, and Teams. Invite new employees to Yammer. Post training announcements and information in SharePoint. Assist in maintaining SharePoint libraries by keeping documents current and organized.
- Provide support for DFCA training and development initiatives including scheduling and coordination of trainings, emailing training announcements, and working with Regional Directors to set up and manage mandatory trainings as needed.
- Advise on and support project evaluations formulated within a framework that demonstrates evidence based best practice while identifying outcomes and impact.
- Take initiative in meetings, actively participate in all DFCA processes, and contribute to long term strategic planning.
- Provide support to all DFCA leaders with reports needed to fulfill their functions successfully.
- Using project management methodologies, integrate data and information from corporate strategic projects and/or programs and evaluate how higher-level objectives are being fulfilled according to the respective scope. Consult on, support and require compliance, or take control and directly manage projects as assigned.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director and DFCA Network leads to develop and implement framework for knowledge management, including policies, procedures, tools and training. Ensure that information systems design meets knowledge management needs.
- Consolidate monthly program data for DFCA; compile quarterly data as needed and provide updates on key initiatives for meetings.
- Manage tasks and projects assigned by the Senior Director and other senior DFCA leaders as directed; independently research, analyze data and produce reports as required.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Direct project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Advise senior management of project risks and opportunities and assist in identifying improvement options for current programs.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- In-depth understanding of business principles related to management, strategy, and performance. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study required. Minimum of 3 years prior related business experience required.
- Proficient ability to speak, read and write English required.
- Proficient understanding of process design and procedures development and continuous improvement. Requires proficient ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables.
- Proven track record of simultaneously and effectively managing multiple complex projects. Requires proficient understanding of project management, process design and procedures development and continuous improvement. Certification in project management preferred.
- Sensibility and adaptability to cultures representative of existing program locations.
- In-depth understanding of the various types of social service programs Buckner provides.
- In-depth ability to plan, administer, and report budgets.
- Proficient working knowledge of project planning and budgetary management.
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different functions and all levels required. Excellent team player.
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results. Strong business acumen required.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-faced, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Bias for fact-based decision making and action-oriented project management practices.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations with some overnight stays. Requires ability to obtain and maintain the necessary documentation to travel.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles using required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, required.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Functional expertise and a proven track record for providing program support and/or project management.
- Prior related working experience in a foster care and adoption program.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.