About the Role:
Responsible for assisting dietary and kitchen staff with supporting functions such as setting tables, preparing trays, preparing serving lines, washing dishes, cleaning, etc. Assist residents during meal times. Serves meals to residents.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Sets tables; buses tables, washes off tables after meals.
- Responsible for preparing beverages and foods as required.
- Serves food in dining rooms or other areas as required.
- Serves beverages to residents as required.
- Blends food in electric blender; prepares steam table.
- Prepares hot cart and serves food; cleans and sanitized carts.
- Washes dishes; scrapes and racks dishes; sorts, stacks, stores clean dishes.
- Mops, sweeps, cleans work area.
- Takes out trash.
- Wraps silverware.
- Receives and stores groceries, frozen foods, produce, etc.; dates, rotates canned goods.
- Detects, corrects or reports situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Observes and reports resident symptoms, reactions and changes.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other assignments and duties as requested.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Ability to move food serving and preparation equipment as needed, using up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force continuously to move objects.
- Ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Sufficient good health to properly discharges duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Previous work experience as waitstaff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.