About the Role
Responsible for keeping the Calder Woods Community operating by repairing any problems when they are discovered and having the ability to perform a wide range of repair tasks around the community.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Ensures safe campus environment including facility buildings and grounds, provides assistance to ensure campus safety requirements are met and maintained.
- Maintains compliance with Buckner policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements, and state and federal laws.
- Repairs clogged sinks, commodes, drains.
- Replaces burned-out light bulbs and performs basic electrical repairs.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments.
- Performs basic carpentry, plumbing, and paint work.
- Assists skilled maintenance work, as requested.
- Assists with staff as needed to provide assistance to residents and support to facility operations.
- Detects, corrects or reports situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Performs daily inspection of buildings and grounds.
- Identifies unsafe situations and corrects situation. Notifies manager of unsafe or hazardous conditions as required.
- Works successfully as part of a team and with other staff.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
- Performs other assignments and duties as requested.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred; minimum of one year related experience preferred.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
- Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders; and push and pull equipment. Ability to move heavy materials and equipment. Crouches, kneels, stoops, reaches, and turns over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks. Some initiative and judgment involved in providing assistance to others wherever required.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Requires ability to learn to adjust and operate electric-powered equipment. Requires ability to work with hand tools.
- Requires ability to perform manual tasks on a continuous basis.
- Requires knowledge of normal operating states of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems and fixtures.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to maintain compliance with Buckner policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, local, state and federal laws.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Must be age 21 to drive on behalf of the company and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s fleet auto insurance policy. Must be age 18 to be employed with Buckner.
- Requires ability to speak, read, and write in English.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Previous experience working in a long-term care facility.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.