About the Role
As a Speech Therapist you will impact the lives of our residents through implementing speech therapy treatments.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate, develop, and initiate individual speech therapy treatment plan for residents in a variety of settings.
- Deliver speech therapy treatments per physician’s orders.
- Complete daily schedule of patient treatment with assignment of new residents and/or treatments to appropriate team member.
- Collaborate with physician and nursing staff for plan of care as indicated.
- Observe and evaluate treatment effects and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Timely and accurately record treatment effects in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain records pertinent to patient treatments; submit documentation timely.
- Timely and accurately complete discharge summary.
- Conducts diagnostic speech evaluations and evaluates swallowing difficulties.
- Recommends therapeutic and functional goals for the residents to help residents reach maximum function.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of care plans and resident assessment.
- Maintain communications with residents and family members on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Attend and participate in meetings and trainings as required.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires current certification as a Speech Therapist in the state of Texas. Minimum of one year related experience preferred. Prior related experience or training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy and experience with aging population preferred.
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy, equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school (or G.E.D.). Advanced degree preferred. Ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of the principles and practices of speech therapy.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of documentation of patient treatments as required by federal and state regulations.
- Requires ability to apply treatment modalities to residents in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Requires ability to evaluate and treat clinical disorders of the aging population.
- Requires ability to supervise and manage members of the speech therapy team.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to lift, position and transfer residents and equipment in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.