About the Role
As the Housekeeper at a Buckner Retirement Services community you will impact the lives of senior adult residents by providing a clean and safe living environment. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of assigned areas, care of cleaning equipment, efficient expenditures of soaps, waxes, polishes, and similar supplies. This position combines aspects of housekeeping, maintenance, and custodial functions.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellence in customer service including but not limited to cheerfully greeting residents and visitors and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Clean and service rooms, baths, and offices; dust furniture and equipment; clean windows, window sills, light globes; empty trash baskets and remove trash; clean and polish bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, and similar items; replenish supplies of soap and towels; clean and polish brass, glass panels, doors, partitions, and paneling; check and fill all dispensers – hand soap, paper.
- Clean, mop, and treat floors; strip, wax, and buff floors as needed. Vacuum all carpet; shampoo carpet as directed.
- Mix/dilute housekeeping chemicals and products according to instructions.
- Move furniture as needed in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments; replace light bulbs; repair clogged sinks, commodes, or drains.
- Assist dietary unit as needed with set ups, clean up, policing spills during meals, etc.
- Keep utility storage rooms in good order by cleaning lockers and equipment, arranging supplies, and sweeping and mopping floor. Organize and maintain linen closets in a safe and orderly condition at all times.
- Report issues of department equipment when it is not in good working condition in accordance with manufacturer’s operational standards.
- Detect and correct, or report, hazardous conditions that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents, employees, or visitors.
- Support the healthcare team by observing and reporting resident symptoms, reactions, and changes and report to the director or other appropriate personnel as necessary.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- In-depth understanding of all phases of housekeeping operations; prior related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of house cleaning devices, such as brooms, mops, etc., cleaning agents, and sanitation/cleaning requirements.
- Proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions given in English.
- Ability to move cleaning equipment throughout the facility on a daily basis.
- Ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Ability to adjust and operate electric-powered cleaning equipment; ability to work with hand tools.
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including moving cleaning equipment throughout the facility, using up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time; turns, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches, and pushes, pulls, handles, stands, walks over 75% of shift.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.