About the Role
As a Lifestyles Coordinator you will impact the lives of our residents through developing and coordinating activity programs.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Develop, plan and implement social, recreational, spiritual and educational activities for residents.
- Encourage, motivate and assist residents to participate in social, recreational, spiritual and educational activities as determined by individual assessment; take part personally in activities.
- Assist and facilitate organized parties, games, trips, and other departmental activities in which residents participate campus-wide.
- Counsel residents at least once monthly.
- Participate in the development of interdisciplinary care plans for residents in cooperation with appropriate staff; document resident programs.
- Order activity supplies; coordinate the maintenance of music and craft supplies. Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of activity room, storage areas and office.
- Recruit, train, coordinate and actively work with volunteers assigned to assist with activities.
- Make appropriate arrangements for off-campus group activities. Coordinate transportation for residents to off-campus activities.
- Post daily activities and special events. Conduct night and weekend functions as needed; coordinate seasonal decorating.
- Design and develop monthly activity calendars and newsletters for residents.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. This level of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a High School Diploma (or G.E.D.). High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required.
- Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Has a minimum of two (2) years prior related experience in social or recreational programming in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Has successfully completed an activity director training course approved by the National Certification Council for Activity.
- Requires ability to plan, promote, and direct community service programs in the interest of residents. Requires ability to evaluate and assign volunteers to appropriate tasks.
- Requires ability to work under flexible and busy schedules; some nights and weekends required.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision while exercising excellent professional judgment.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions. Requires ability to convey detailed oral and written instructions which can be understood and carried out by residents, guests, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, guests, co-workers and the public; ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and hospitality in the delivery of services to residents.
- Requires ability to encourage dignity and self-esteem in residents, utilizing basic knowledge of human behavior and basic knowledge of physical/emotional needs and modalities of senior adults.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and skill in recreation, creative arts, crafts, music, and drama activities appropriate for senior adults; ability to plan, organize and direct sessions with a wide variety of well and impaired residents.
- Requires knowledge of basic health care practices and procedures; proficient working knowledge of counseling and education techniques in health care field.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.