Business Office Manager
About the Role
Calder Woods is seeking a Business Office Manager with Medical Billing experience and preferably an Accounting Degree, who will be able to supervise all functions of a busy office environment, including, accounts receivable and accounts payable. The Business Office Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all community resource functions for Buckner Retirement Services.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Accurately prepare and bill all Private Pay, Medicare, other insurance carriers, and coinsurance amounts monthly in accordance with CMS guidelines and Buckner Retirement Services, Inc. policy.
- Monitor and manage the aging of Private Pay, Medicare, and other insurance carriers, and coinsurance accounts receivables.
- Review all accounts receivable and accounts payable for accuracy.
- Prepare A/R aging list according to policy.
- Communicate with administrative staff, Executive Director and Corporate Revenue Cycle Manager regarding collection efforts, payments and payment postings.
- Provide information and support to staff and clients.
- Update and maintain resident records including admission, discharge, and transfer information; maintain residents’ insurance information and Medicare and coinsurance supporting documentation files.
- Manage tasks and projects assigned by supervisor; research, analyze data, and produce statistical reports as required.
- Exercise excellent discernment skills to identify, analyze, and determine effective management of all issues, concerns, and day-to-day communication in office independently, one-on-one with supervisor and as a team; make independent decisions in accordance with guidelines.
- Research issues and assist to resolve issues in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Review and balance petty cash on a regular basis.
- Maintain regional checking account, write checks and maintain balance.
- Coordinate and lead training sessions for all staff according to required policies, state and federal regulations, and for the purpose of staff growth and development. Work with department leadership to develop and maintain ongoing training specific to departmental needs.
- Track data and establish benchmarks for ongoing comparative analysis of various operational metrics including retention, market wages, overtime utilization, FTE utilization, and other reports as requested.
- Accurately and timely respond to internal and external requests.
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellence in customer service including but not limited to cheerfully greeting residents and visitors with a smile and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives. Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Respond to questions from facility personnel accurately and timely.
- Accurately prepare and proofread memos, letters, spreadsheets and other documents and correspondence as required. Complete accurate and timely documentation.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Assist management to maintain compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee management of MSDS binders in accordance with established guidelines. Identify errors and make corrections
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of comprehensive and current field of knowledge in Medicare and third party billing, normally associated with the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree. High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required; Bachelor’s Degree in business management and or Accounting is preferred. Minimum 3 years prior related experience including experience in payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English professionally. Proficient ability to speak, read and write Spanish preferred.
- Work deals with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, emails, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruptions; maintaining flexibility and dealing with change; takes initiative.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and make self understood in face to face situations.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires proficient skills for attention to detail and ability to maintain a routine.
- Requires excellent organizational skills.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, employees, and outside representatives.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills; excellent public professional presentation skills required.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to several day periods.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and trainings as required.
- Requires ability to effectively manage concierge personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation; ability to hold other accountable for work completed; provide training, development and feedback to staff.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to work with moderate supervision exercising excellent professional judgment required.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required; ability to use other office machinery including telephones, typewriter, copy machine, fax machine, and adding machine.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years prior related medical billing experience.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.