About the Role
As a staffing Coordinator, you will impact the lives of the Residents through the day-to-day operations for Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care under the direction of the Healthcare Administrator and / or designee. Process employee time records and PTO requests from work transaction records. Assist with clerical duties as needed. Duties may also include to assist with ordering medical supplies as required; restock nursing supplies and forms as needed. Act as a Lead CNA, teach, train, support and assist front line staff.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate staffing for all departments under the direction of the departmental managers reporting to the Healthcare Administrator.
- Respond to staffing issues and make coverage arrangements according to coverage guidelines while minimizing overtime.
- Train and onboard new CNAs as well as retention efforts with ongoing support.
- Responsible for handling call off and coordinating with DON, AL Director and ADON staffing changes resulting from call offs. Responsible for on call phone during the two-week rotation. An on call rotation will be discussed by supervisor.
- Process all paid time off requests from Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care personnel; verify proper staffing levels prior to submitting time away from work transaction records for DON’s / AL Director’s approval.
- Process all paid time off requests from Nursing Department personnel; verify proper staffing levels prior to submitting time away from work transaction records for approval.
- Assist with ordering nursing supplies and forms for each unit as required; restock nursing supplies and forms as needed. Label, stock, and issue nursing supplies and over-the-counter medications as needed.
- Timely and accurately process all paid time off requests from all departments under the supervision of the Healthcare Administrator in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Verify appropriate staffing levels prior to submitting time away from work transaction records for manager’s approval. Ensure each employee submitting a time away from work request has available time prior to submitting the transaction records for manager’s approval.
- Post upcoming staffing schedules the Monday prior to the start of the new pay period allowing for staff review and the resolution of coverage issues.
- Review electronic punch detail on a daily basis and immediately notify the appropriate manager of any discrepancies, missed punches, overtime, and needed punch detail corrections.
- Through appropriate record retention systems track employee absences, tardiness, and call-ins. Notify the employee’s manager of any problems, patterns, or policy violations.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with residents and their family members, staff, and physicians.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- CNA/CMA certifications. CMA certification is not required.
- Recent experience working in a long-term care environment with similar responsibilities
- Requires basic understanding of clerical functions and arithmetic normally acquired through attainment of a High School Diploma (or G.E.D.). High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Requires ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions. Prior related clerical experience preferred. Prior related experience in a long-term care facility and/or geriatric nursing facility preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Prefer scheduling experience
- Requires advanced computer proficiency
- Requires ability to comply with Patient’s rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of basic health care practices and procedures.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of staffing needs and scheduling.
- Requires ability to perform multiple cognitive tasks on a repetitive basis recognizing that staff may work in multiple locations on the same day and shift.
- Requires ability to appropriately and professionally communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others required.
- Requires ability to exercise initiative, patience, tact and confidentiality; ability to analyze and evaluate objectively. Requires ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings. Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents, prospective residents, vendors, donors, families and the public.
- Requires ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and awareness of priorities in an environment of stress and frequent interruptions.
- Requires ability to keep accurate, detailed records and timely prepare routine reports.
- Requires ability to make self clearly understood in face-to-face interactions; ability to articulate with accuracy and precision to give directions, speak on the phone and intercom, etc.
- Requires ability to receive verbal instructions, answer phones, etc. with some background noise.
- Requires ability to concentrate on moderate to fine detail with some interruption; ability to attend to tasks/functions for more than 60 minutes at a time.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to multiple ideas and the concepts/theories behind the ideas; ability to remember multiple verbal and written tasks/assignments over several days and occasionally up to several months.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours and be on-call as needed.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel, required.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises which are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, climb, kneel, walk, and stand over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time. Requires ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, climb, kneel, walk and stand over 75% of shift.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease of skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
Recent experience working in a long-term care environment with similar responsibilities
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.