TITLE: Assisted Living Memory Care Nurse Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Assisted Living/ Memory Care/ Education Services
SUPERVISES: LVN, CNA, CMA
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for daily management of the operational functions of Assisted Living and the Harbor to include supervision of direct case staff and oversight of Residential Services, Maintenance, Dietary, Environmental Services and Supplies.
NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
- Responsible for program outcomes. Provide input regarding resident specific interventions as needed.
- Lead staff to meet goals and objectives to ensure an activity focused program to meet the social, cognitive, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- Ensure basic daily service needs of residents are satisfied as determined by the individual service plans and in accordance with regulatory requirements for direct care, dietary, housekeeping, activities, and maintenance needs.
- Conduct facility tours for admission prospects and visitors; answer telephone inquiries about the facility and admissions requirements; process admissions in the absence of the marketing team. Refer all sales leads to marketing team.
- Participate in pre-admission evaluations of prospective residents; provide feedback as required.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation, compliance with regulatory standards, staff education and all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for goals and action plans in alignment with company objectives to ensure continued enhancement and improvement of resident services..
- Maintain high resident satisfaction through utilization of direct staff, resident and family feedback as well as evaluation and response to annual survey results.
- Establish and maintain open and effective communication with residents, families, line staff, and management team members.
- Coordinate and oversee service plan reviews timely and accurately in accordance with regulatory requirements or as required upon change of resident condition.
- Conduct daily rounds of all department areas to ensure living spaces and work areas are in neat, orderly condition; ensure adequate staffing throughout department; maintain required sanitation standards; and monitor for quality resident care.
- Assist in department budget preparation; provide feedback during budgeting process. Develop and monitor budget and program expenditures to control expenses within established budgetary guidelines. Manage program resources to insure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Recognize significant changes in resident condition or appearance and work with staff and nurses to address concerns and issues. Coordinate/report changes to the attending Physician, Assisted Living Director, Healthcare Administrator, Executive Director and Director of Nursing as needed. Ensure appropriate interventions are implemented.
- Detect and correct situations that have a probability of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Supervise, monitor, train, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed.
- Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives.
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Cultivate and monitor relationships with outside service providers, consultants, agencies and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to clients.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assist, guide and support supervisors with employee selection, review, evaluation and terminations.
- Conduct family meetings regularly to assure communication, education, resident assessments and plan of care.
- Conduct staff meetings regularly; attend and participate in manager meetings, facility meetings, staff meetings, and training as required. Provide reports on status of department as required.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.