About the Role
As a Receptionist, you will impact the lives of the Residents through managing multi-line phone system, greeting visitors, responding to initial needs, and assisting with general office duties when needed.
This position is PRN meaning less than 20 hours per week on an as needed basis.
What You’ll Do
- Greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to sign in and out when they enter and leave building.
- Require all visitors, sitters and vendors to wear badge indicating status.
- Report noncompliance of above safety procedures to manager on duty.
- Answer multi-line telephone including taking and relaying messages as needed.
- Perform general typing and other secretarial tasks for the staff.
- Act as administrative support to managers as requested.
- Handle outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Sort daily mail.
- Ensure resident packages and prescriptions are delivered in a timely manner.
- Receive and log calls.
- Monitor alarm system.
- Take maintenance calls and fill out work orders appropriately.
- Exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming, appropriate dress, appropriate manner and language and positive attitude and demeanor in interactions with residents, co-workers and the community-at-large.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. This field of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a high school diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Requires the ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires fingering, talking and hearing over 75% of the shift.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near observer.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruption; maintaining flexibility and dealing with change; ability to take initiative; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires attention to detail and maintaining a routine; organizational skills required.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, co-workers, and employees from other facilities. Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing are required. Ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks using personal computers, word processing software, and other office machinery, including a multi-line telephone, typewriter, copy machine, fax machine and adding machine.
- Requires ability to remain in a confined space for long periods of time.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, and communicate with people in situations with background noise.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.