About the Role
Responsible for cleanliness and servicing of assigned area, care of cleaning equipment; efficient expenditures of soaps, waxes, polishes, and similar supplies. This position combines aspects of housekeeping, maintenance, and custodial functions
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Clean and service all aspects of rooms, baths, offices, and common areas seeking a "like new" effect.
- Properly mix/dilute housekeeping chemicals and products according to instructions.
- Clean, mop, and treat floors; strip, wax, and buff floors as needed.
- Check and fill dispensers- hand soap, paper.
- Move furniture as needed.
- Dust furniture and equipment; clean windows, window sills, light globes.
- Empty trash baskets; remove trash.
- Scour and polish bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, and similar items; replenish supplies of soap and towels.
- Keep utility storage rooms in good order by cleaning lockers and equipment, arranging supplies, and vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors as needed.
- Vacuum all carpets.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments; replace light bulbs; plunge clogged sinks, commodes, or drains.
- Help to keep kitchen and dining room in very clean condition.
- Detect, correct and/or immediately report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Observe and report resident symptoms, reactions and changes.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training as required.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as well as all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Assist with staff as needed to provide assistance to residents and/or support to facility operations.
- Detect, correct or report hazardous conditions that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others
- Perform other assignments and duties as requested
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires proficient ability to read, write, and understand business documents which are written in English. Requires ability to understand verbal English and speak English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires the ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires the ability to move cleaning equipment/food throughout the facility, using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, handle, stand, and walk over 75% of shift.
- Requires the ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Requires the ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Requires the ability to learn to adjust and operate electric-powered cleaning equipment; ability to work with hand tools.
- Requires the ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents and co-workers in vicinity; ability to cooperate and work with other team players and teams.
- Requires the ability to work under limited supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires basic knowledge of house cleaning devices, such as brooms, mops, etc., cleaning agents, and sanitation/cleaning requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Related experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Requires ability to function effectively in a team environment focused upon performance goals.
- Requires ability to change duties quickly and to adapt to new projects.
- Requires willingness to serve in rotating leadership positions.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your coworkers and the residents.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.