About the Role
Calder Woods is seeking an Administrative Assistant that will provide office and administrative support to the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellence in customer service including but not limited to cheerfully greeting residents and visitors with a smile and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Provide clerical and other administrative support duties in an accurate and timely manner, including, but not limited to, filing, database management, answering phones, scheduling appointments, packaging and mailing documents and other materials, reviewing and processing incoming mail, compiling reports for submission according to established timelines, making copies, preparing letters and other correspondence, proofreading documents, and planning events.
- Timely submit invoices for payment according to established accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining accurate budget records by logging all invoices in the monthly spend down records and inform supervisor when budget is exceeded.
- Maintain accurate calendar of scheduled events for Executive Director; track appointments and other events.
- Provide efficient office assistance as needed.
- Effectively coordinate the daily workflow of the Executive Directors office.
- Effectively coordinate meetings as assigned.
- Manage tasks and projects assigned by the Executive Director and other designated staff members.
- Plan, schedule and organize all aspects of travel for the Executive Director as required.
- Accurately prepare and proofread letters, memos, spreadsheets and other correspondence daily.
- Review and accurately process mail and other correspondence.
- Maintain compliance with all Calder Woods /Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, other designated meetings, and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. This field of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) plus related experience Minimum 2 years prior related clerical experience required, preferably in an executive office setting.
- Working knowledge of fundraising laws and regulations governing agency and employees preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires excellent presentation skills.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and make self understood effectively in face to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to communicate using the telephone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills in dealing with the public.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising events.
- Requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with frequent interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes at a time on a continuous basis, and 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to several day periods.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, Board of Trustees, and a variety of individuals, groups, and public.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of groups.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; exercise excellent professional judgment.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required; excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, records, reports, visual inspection involving small details. Although important, depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Previous experience working for an Executive Director.
- Previous experience working in a Retirement Community.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.