About the Role
As a Director of Engineering you will impact the lives of our Members and Residents through serving them and inspiring happiness.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and follow a schedule to oversee continuous maintenance of all systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other general duties as required to safely and properly operate Ventana by Buckner.
- Train new and existing associates at Ventana by Buckner in local community and state required policies and procedures.
- Perform facility condition risk assessments and gap analysis and document the same in reports for management. This may involve building system forensics and remediation and property disposal.
- Assist in the creating of business case analyses, generation of Statements of Work (SOW), construction estimates, budgets, capital investment review, and earned value analysis.
- Assist in data gathering and report building for environmental, sustainability, and energy management compliance initiatives.
- Perform a wide variety of building maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting, masonry, drywall repair, small appliance repair, minor equipment repair, and troubleshooting; floor cover cleaning (shampooing, buffing, stripping waxing, etc.).
- Establish and/or facilitate a work order system to promptly respond to on-going maintenance and repair issues throughout the community as necessary. Promptly respond to maintenance needs of residents and associates .
- Make a thorough review of Ventana by Buckner physically at least on a weekly basis or as directed by supervisor and identify areas that need repair or maintenance and follow-up on corrective action.
- Assure light bulbs are replaced throughout the community as necessary.
- Remain on-call for emergency repairs or maintenance issues.
- Assure proper maintenance of outside grounds, windows, and all other exterior areas of Ventana by Buckner. . Ensure adequate removal of litter is completed. Maintain grounds in a manner that provides a safe environment.
- Assure all necessary logs are maintained to track information regarding maintenance of the building and grounds. The logs required may include but are not limited to: Hot Water Temperature; Emergency Generator Charge Checks, MSDS Sheets using MSDS Online; Fire Extinguisher Charge Checks; Fire Drills; Emergency call system tests.
- Inspect and prepare apartments for rent-ready status as per Ventana by Buckner policy before new residents move into the Community. Move-in ready apartments must include, but are not limited to – carpet, tile, and vinyl replaced or cleaned as needed; cabinets and woodwork finished properly; windows cleaned and replaced if seals are broken; leaky faucets or toilets repaired or replaced if necessary; complete interior painting; complete/coordinate appliance repair if needed; complete re-caulking, if necessary; repair or replace light fixtures and electrical cover plates; clean and repair A/C vents and/or units; install new window treatments, if necessary.
- Promptly respond to maintenance needs of residents.
- Responsible for procurement of approved maintenance-related products and supplies for repairs and on-going maintenance.
- Follow budget guidelines and procedures for ordering supplies. Assist in developing the annual maintenance budget.
- Maintain effective inventory and loss control program for the supplies, parts, tools, and equipment of the department.
- Utilize Ventana by Buckner procurement policies and contract outside professional services when repairs are necessary. Obtain a minimum of 3 competitive bids for all service provided by contract including trash, landscaping, exterminator services and others. Contract for services must be submitted to Executive Director for proper approval and signatures.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. Equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through the completion of four years of high school. Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions. High school diploma or G.E.D. required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a mechanical-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or management position in maintenance or environmental services. 3-5 years' experience with Managing/Supervising a staff of team members, proven experience in an engineering-related environment with proficiency in two or more engineering trades (HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, carpentry, electronics, grounds/landscaping, painting, etc. or a Master or Licensed level of any trade) preferred.
- Recent computer training or computer experience required. Word processing and spreadsheet experience required. Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, typewriters, and calculators.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English professionally.
- Requires accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping.
- Requires job holder to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Work deals with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, emails, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires the ability to grasp, push, pull, carry and otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups or muscles and foot and/or eye-hand coordination.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruptions; maintaining flexibility and dealing with change; takes initiative.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and make self understood in face to face situations.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires proficient skills for attention to detail and ability to maintain a routine.
- Requires excellent organization and management skills.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, subordinates , and outside representatives.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent public professional presentation skills required
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.