About the Role:
Responsible for assisting residents and families adjust to retirement nursing environment and addressing problems or concerns of the residents or families. Also advocates for residents rights and needs to maintain the highest possible quality of life while enhancing the resident’s dignity.
What You’ll Do
Work with residents demonstrating behavior or psycho / social problems; mediate disagreements between residents; document acute behavior as referred by staff.
- Maintain compliance with Buckner policies and procedures. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements, state and federal laws.
- Develop social care plans to meet state requirements as referred by MDS Coordinator.
- Act as liaison between residents and families and other staff / administration; advocate for residents’ rights; handle residents’ complaints.
- Assist families / residents in coping with admission and facilitate smooth transition to environment as referred by staff.
- Meet individually with residents to assist with daily task (ensuring bills are paid, maintenance requests, insurance claims forms, etc.) and check their well being as referred by staff.
- Uphold rules of confidentiality of resident’s medical records and other personal data.
- Assist Admissions Coordinator with phone inquiries, tours and admissions.
- Assist in discharge planning with staff, residents, families and community resources as needed.
- Contact family regarding behavior changes, resident’s needs (for medical equipment, clothing, money for hair care), room or building changes; provide family with social agency or doctor referrals; discuss and document Advanced Directives as referred by staff.
- Participate in appropriate training and required facility meetings.
- Provide leadership or facilitation of Resident Council, Family Council and Social Services groups as required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social work or equivalent and at least one year of social work experience in a health care setting. Requires an Active Social Worker License.
- Work deals with mostly areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, client records. Requires depth perception, color perception, field of vision (peripheral), and the ability to see at distances are also important as work sometimes deals with people and objects in a general setting.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices / noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Requires ability to exercise independent judgment. Exercises initiative, patience, tact and confidentiality. Works under little direct supervision.
- Requires ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and flexibility in a changing environment of stress and frequent interruptions.
- Requires ability to keep detailed records and prepare routine reports.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.