About the Role
As a Registered Dietician/Culinary Service Assistant Director, you will impact the lives of Residents through assisting in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Dietary Department and assuring that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Observe the preparation and serving of food at mealtime to assure that the professional dietetic service needs of the facility are met.
- Develop and implement a dietary service organization structure.
- Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct dietary deficiencies.
- Participate in an ongoing quality assurance program for the dietary department.
- Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in planning the dietary services portion of the resident’s discharge plan as necessary.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections). Review and develop of plan of correction for dietary service deficiencies noted during survey (inspections) and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator for approval.
- Interview residents and family members as necessary to obtain diet history, the resident’s food likes and dislikes and information about food related allergies.
- Assist in developing methods for determining quality and quantity of food served.
- Ensure that charted dietary progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
- Maintain a reference library or written material, laws, diet manuals, etc. necessary for complying with current standards and regulations that will provide assistance in maintaining quality food service.
- Involve the resident/family in planning dietary objectives and goals for the resident. Visit residents periodically to evaluate quality of meals served, likes and dislikes, etc.
- Assist in developing diet plans for individual residents. Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending physician. Review therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to assure they are in compliance with the physician’s orders.
- Review the dietary requirements of each resident admitted to the facility; assist the attending physician in planning for the resident’s prescribed diet plan.
- Assist the Director of Culinary Services in planning menus, work schedules, etc.
- Work with administration, medical and nursing staff and other related departments in planning food service programs and activities.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist the dietary staff in developing and using departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc. for upkeep and supply control. Make recommendations as appropriate.
- Serve on various committees of the facility (i.e., Infection Control, Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Budget, QAAC) as required and as appointed. Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may pertain to dietary service.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of dietary personnel. Assist in determining departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the dietary department’s needs and ensure excellent customer service.
- Make rounds to ensure that dietary personnel are performing required duties and to ensure that appropriate dietary procedures are being rendered to meet the needs of the facility.
- Assist in developing safety standards for the dietary services department. Help ensure that all dietary department personnel complies with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally associated with the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics required. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility required.
- Must hold and maintain a current, unencumbered license to practice as a dietitian in the state of Texas. Requires prior related experience and/or training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc. Requires proficient working knowledge of dietary practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing dietary functions in the long-term care facility.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
Paid Time Off and Holidays;
Retirement Savings Plan; and
The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.