About the Role
As a Lead Housekeeper, you will impact the lives of Residents through cleaning residential living area and common areas of the community. Assists with operations of the department and provides guidance and support to department staff.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Performs all duties in a courteous manner and maintains excellence in customer service including but not limited to cheerfully greeting residents and visitors and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Effectively assists residents and families with housekeeping or laundry concerns; provides problem resolution for customer satisfaction or refers to director for follow-up.
- Provides leadership support, guidance, and coaching to department personnel; administers policy and procedure in the absence of the director; assigns daily tasks and organizes staff to meet business needs in the absence of Director.
- Prepares and distributes the housekeeping/laundry employee schedule as well as cleaning schedules in the absence of Director.
- Monitors work performance of all housekeeping and laundry employees in the absence of Director; identifies and reports sub-standard work performance to the director for follow-up.
- Assists director in providing training orientation for new employees, including but not limited to proper housekeeping and laundry methods, cleaning techniques, safe and appropriate use of chemicals.
- Orders housekeeping and laundry supplies and chemicals in absence of director.
- Monitors all laundry operations; ensures proper cleaning, handling and return to the appropriate resident in absence of director.
- Participates in management meetings and conducts meetings in absence of director.
- Cleans and services rooms, baths, and offices; dusts furniture and equipment; cleans windows, window sills, light globes; empties and removes trash; cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, and similar items; replenishes supplies of soap and towels; cleans and polishes brass, glass panels, doors, partitions, and paneling; checks and fills all dispensers – hand soap, paper; vacuums all carpet.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments; replaces light bulbs; repairs clogged sinks, commodes, or drains.
- Assists dietary unit as needed with set ups, clean up, policing spills during meals, etc.
- Arranges for utility rooms, supply storage rooms and linen closets to be organized and maintained in a safe and orderly condition at all times.
- Ensures all department equipment is in good working condition in accordance with manufacturer’s operational standards and arranges maintenance or repair as needed
- Arranges for and assists with the moving of furniture as needed.
- Detects and corrects, or reports, hazardous conditions that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents, employees, or visitors.
- Observes and reports resident symptoms, reactions, and changes.
- Participates in service training as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of all phases of housekeeping and laundry operations; prior related experience preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment, and/or machines at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Requires ability to adjust and operate electric cleaning equipment; ability to work with hand tools.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to move cleaning equipment throughout the facility, using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time; turns, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches, and pushes, pulls, handles, stands, walks over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision, exercising independent initiative and sound judgment based on skills and knowledge.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
Someone bilingual in Spanish and English
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.